Thursday 29 September 2011

Blister Prevention - blister prevention, running


I've been using Body Glide more than once a week for 4-5 years. Body Glide used to be a great product. It's still a decent product, but it seems the water content has been slightly increased. This change has caused a "paste" problem. The first time I got a "paste" stick from Amazon, I assumed it was a fluke. So, I ordered more from a different on-line company, and unfortunately I have the same issue on multiple sticks from multiple sources.



Body Glide is advertised as, "Dry Non-Greasy Skin Lubricant". The important word here is "dry" and in the past the product has always been dry. I could rub it on with a nice firm stroke and it would really stick right where I wanted. No mess, quick and easy, all set for my ride. The new product is softer and more of a firm paste than a true dry solid. I can't simply rub it on dry like I used to. Now I have to rub in on with light pressure, then spread it around with my fingers a bit, then wipe down the side of the stick since the new product is slightly messy. BodyGlide Anti-Chafing Stick 2.5oz

There are a few anti-chafing products on the market today. This one is hands down the best. Some of the other products made with vegetable oil have a weird residue and make your crotch smell funny at the end of the day. I get severe chafing between my legs especially during the warmer months due to my oversized manhood. After showering and drying off really well, I glide this product several times on each inner thigh and under the testicle sac. No chafing at the end of the day. There is no messy residue and no funky smell either.

I live in Florida and figured I'd buy this to help with upper-thigh chafing, but it went on sticky and never dried. I'm puzzled why it seems to work so well for everyone else. It made the chafing much worse--I was better off not using anything than using Body Glide.

This stuff is the real deal. I bought it to break in shoes, especially in the heels and a part near my toe area that pinches. Well, it really did the trick. It also helped me and my sister out a ton at Disney World, where there's SO MUCH WALKING. We rubbed Body Glide in between our toes for flip flops and it saved us a ton of pain. There is a slight bit of residue and it doesn't quite work on thighs as I hoped. It takes a while to dry before it works for thighs, but it does work. It's just kind of awkward when you're in a rush and you have to sit with your legs apart or legs crossed. Still worth the five stars though, I've also used it while breaking in bras when the bra straps are digging in a little bit. Definitely relieves the pressure (and my bra straps are now perfectly stretched out to the point where I don't need to use it anymore but it helped so much.)

I have pretty big thighs that rub together when I'm not wearing running tights. On the days I choose to wear shorts, Body Glide comes through in a pinch. I apply Body Glide to my inner thighs and under the arm pits where my sport bra would rub, and it lasts for the whole duration of a long run (12 miles-ish). I know it lasts through half marathon distance and I have yet to use it for a longer run. When I use Body Glide I experience 0 chafing whatsoever. - Exercise - Blister Prevention - Bodyglide - Running'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information