Tuesday 27 September 2011

Cordless Phone Headset


I received two of these as gifts. They both work the same, so I don't think either is defective. What I've found, though, is that when I use it with my Uniden TRU 4485 cordless phone at home, the person on the other end of the line can barely hear me. Whereas, when I use one of these headsets with my Motorola V180 cellular phone, the other party can hear me just fine. In both cases, I can hear the other party at a decent volume. The clarity of sound I hear on my end is good in both cases, as well. I've also found the headset to be lightweight, comfortable, and relatively easy to put on and take off. It also stays in my ear fairly reliably. Jabra C250 EarWave Boom Headset for 2.5mm Plugs

I've been using this headset (although mine doesn't have the call answer button like this version does) for a few years now. It's the first headset I've ever used that was comfortable and had great sound quality in both directions, and I've used it with 3 different phones over the years all with the same results. I hear people perfectly and I've never had a single comment much less a complaint about the sound quality from other people. It comes with two different size gels for your ear, and a spare of each so you're totally set. Depending on the shape of your ear you may prefer one or the other of the ear gels.



This headset is so comfortable I can wear it on my ear for hours at a time without it bothering me, and it stays snugly against my cheek and doesn't flop around in the slightest. I don't know why it has gotten some bad reviews on this site, on other sites it averages at least 4 stars with many, many reviews. Bottom line, I'd gladly pay 2 or 3 times what Amazon is charging for this headset, especially now that it has an answer call/end button on it.

I have used a number of bluetooth and wired headsets and always come back to this one. The incoming and outgoing sound quality is excellent. I have used it with both cell phones (HTC Evo Shift, Palm Pre, BlackBerry Curve) and with cordless phones (Panasonic) and the results are great. Note that you may need a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter to use it with your HTC Evo or iPhone, but that is cheap. I keep a couple of these in each car with adapter so that I can drive hands free.

Pros over Bluetooth:

++ No static - you can't beat wired sound.

++ No charging - it will always work when you need it.

++ Better value - I have used these for years and they keep working. My BT headsets all die after a year..if that.

++ Lightweight - fits great and works great.

I bought two of these for my Blackberry Curve 8310, wanting a reliable hands-free with a disconnect button. My phone uses a 3.5mm plug, and I thought I already had an adapter. Unfortunately the adapter I had was 3.5 to 2.5, not the other way around. This headset does not come with a plug adapter, at all. My fault. Once I bought new adapters, this headset worked well. It comes with two sizes of rubber earbuds that direct the sound from the headset earpiece, along a 90 degree angle, sideways, through a tubed hole: like those old-skool airplane headphones that tunneled sound through a plastic tube. Only, here the sound travels less than half an inch. You change which ear you use by turning the earbud around 180 degrees. The longer earbud sticks a full 1/4" into your ear, so you should be able to hear well enough no matter what. With my phone, the button on the boom disconnects the call when you hold it down, or mutes it when you depress it shortly. So far, I'm pleased. I live in LA, so now I won't get a ticket for cell phone driving. Good.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Cordless Phone Headset Cordless Phone Headset Cordless Phone Headset