Friday 30 September 2011

Razor Blade - razor blade, wiper blades


The concept of wiper blades that leech Rain-X is brilliant. They clipped right onto our Corolla, we wiped down the windshield with the activator wipe and let them run for 3 minutes (per the directions). We then went out into the Seattle rain and watched and the water beaded up and rolled off the windshield. You barely even need to use the wipers. My one negative is that I wasn't entirely happy with how they handled snow. Since the snow isn't as wet the windshield wipers squeak and stick to the windshield a bit when trying to get powdery snow off. It did it just fine, I just hate that sound. Rain-X Repel Premium Bracketless Wiper Blade - 24"

These were exactly what I expected for the first 2 months. Now, just out of the return period, they need replaced. Both wipers only clear a portion of the windshield. The drivers side leaves a football size patch directly in front of my face. It is hard to see, even in a very light rain. I bought a similar wiper blade made by Bosch several years ago. I still have those blades on another vehicle, and the work almost as good as the day I installed them. Both vehicles are the same, the only difference is the wiper.



I would not recommend these.

These blades started streaking two days after I first installed them. One month later they are so bad that when it is raining heavy, I have to pull over on the road so I can see. I feel really bad I wasted so much money on these. Next time I'm going to try and find another brand. Other blade brands I've bought at a much cheaper price have lasted between 6-12 months.

I used the Rain X website to install these on my Volkswagen Eos, after the originals started streaking. After reading the instructions carefully and looking over the adapters I can tell you with confidence these simply do not work on a Volkswagen Eos. I saw another review for a Jetta, and the wipers are the same I'm sure.

I'm giving this 1 star because both the Rain X website, and this page said they fit. And they are lying. Looks like I'm off to order the crumby stock ones again.

I got these to replace my usual traditional blades for the summer and rubber coated blades for the winter months - to keep the snow and ice from making the summer blades useless. it's nice to have one set of blades.



These blades do a great job in the rain, and the snow too, until the ends that clip the whole thing together fell off, nearly letting the whole item come apart. Luckily it stuck together under the pressure from the arm and i got where i was going.



Also, the clip that connects the blade assembly to the wiper arm, this also came apart a few times while i was cleaning snow off of the car. so there i am with gloves off blowing on the connector to get snow out, and trying to get it to click back together. the blades i replaced these with have a diffferent style of arm connector, hoepfully it holds up better.



I replaced them with the new teflon SHIELD blades, which are also suitable for any weather, but aren't held together with the flimsy clips that RAIN-X and other beam-style blade manufacturers use.

This is one of the first wiper blades I have found that actually works great on my 2005 Equinox LT. I took the time to clean my windshield, then use the preparation wipe before installing a set of these. I have had them for a few weeks and they are still working great. I live in Pennsylvania, and we have lots of bad weather, lots of salt in the winter, etc. So far, I really recommend these! The price is steep but I think the quality more than makes up for it. Installation for my vehicle took minutes!

The Rain X wipers worked very well with My 2010 Hyundai Sonata and 2010Kia Optima. Installation for each wiper was done in less than 3 minutes from removing the old one to snapping bon the one.



The blades clean the windscreen smoothly and the rain runs off the windscreen perfectly.

I live in upstate NY and got sucker punched by the early snow storms this year. Like everyone else in the area I ran out last minute to get winter blades. These were the only blades left claiming to be winter ready. I got a 22' and a 24' for my eclipse. The 24' broke one day in. Wal-Mart was awesome with taking it back and helping me out, but two days latter the 22' also broke. I wrote rain-x and they never responded. These things are double the price of other blades and made with half quality plastic products. They cant deal with cold weather and the company they are made by doesn't believe in customer service. DO NOT BUY! - Wiper Blades - Razor Blade'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information