Thursday 29 September 2011

Usb Cable - usb cable


I needed a cable to go from my old HP Laserjet 4+ to my new laptop with a USB port. Another one I had purchased didn't work at all, but all I did was plug this cable in and it worked! No software to install, no settings to change. ABC Products® USB to 36 pin Parallel Port Adapter Adaptor Cable Lead Cord IEEE1284 for Brother Canon Epson Stylus Lexmark HP Hewlett Packard Printers Printer IEEE-1284 Centronics PC and MAC Windows 98SE, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, MAC os V8.6~9.2 & Higher

Unpacked it, plugged it in the printer and the other end in the computer...Windows 7 is running on the computer. It identified it, loaded all software automatically and I was printing within 4 minutes. No complaints what so ever!!

I used this cable to connect the USB port on a MacBook (OS 10.5.8) to a 15-year-old HP6MP printer (23 MB RAM). It worked on the first attempt. A complex Adobe Illustrator figure containing large areas filled with several Postscript patterns printed correctly. I'm using the "HP LaserJet 6P/6MP - Postscript" driver. If this cable continues to work, it is an excellent deal for $10.

My Lexmark E210 is a parallel cabled laser printer. So when I got my new Laptop with no Parallel printer ports and only USB ports I had to figure out how to get this printer connected. I didn't want to have to buy another printer just because i needed USB on the printer side. I decided to go with the ABC USB IEEE 1284 Printer Cable. I'm glad I did.



The cable did not come with a printer driver cd so I docked the product by 1 star. If you just connect the cable to the printer turn it on and plug in the USB to the Laptop, the system (Mine is Vista) may properly identify the printer, but it may not find a suitable driver. Vista will prompt you to insert the printer driver CD at that point or browse to a location on your computer with the driver. I had neither. I had to then find the printer's driver on Lexmark's website which they still had (Thank you Lexmark!) so I downloaded their universal driver, installed it and upon successful driver installation I then turned on the printer with the parallel side already attached, then plugged the USB into the Laptop and when the window popped up asking to insert driver CD or browse to driver location, I browsed to the location of the just installed driver (i wrote it down so I know where to browse to). It then installed the driver and bingo. You may have to go back into the printer control panel and set the printer as default and you'll be good. It was a slight bit convoluted to get this working and I'm sure someone that is challenged with such things will have confusion. It worked well for me and I thought I'd share how to get it working for others if they have concerns or problems.



Hope this helps!

WE bought this for our MacBook Pro to connect to an old HP DesignJet 750C Plus and it worked! I was concerned because our printer was not listed as a printer that would work with the cable, but I took a chance it has been working well!

Recenly purchased a new computer with Windows 7 home version, only to find that my Lexmark Optra Rt+ would no longer work. I kept getting "error" when printing.



As a last resort, I decided to replace the original parallel to usb adapter that came with the Optra, with one that had good reviews on Amazon ... The ABC!



I uninstalled the driver (recommended for Win 7 by Lexmark) connected printer to the usb cable, turned everything on, got an error - printer and usb device driver not found.



Restarted the computer, then "added a new printer"... selected the Lexmark Optra Rt + from the list of drivers, (used the virtual USB port) then printed a test page!



Like magic... worked perfectly.

Time from start to finish the install .. maybe 5 minutes!!

I have an old HP LaserJet 4Plus - I bought this cable on Amazon. Came right away as always. I plugged it into my Windows 7 32-bit machine, but it didn't 'see' the printer. I tried to add the printer, but HP LaserJet 4 Plus was not in the list from HP. So I checked HP's website and they instructed me to select "Windows Update" on the "Add Printer" dialog. Once I did that, the HP LaserJet 4 Plus (along with a bunch of other old LaserJet printers) was on the list. I selected it - it took a few minutes to install, but it works perfectly now.

Brought this product since all the new motherboards got rid of the parallel printer port. I hooked this up to a Brother 4750e, using Windows 7 Pro (x64)



Good: It can print

Bad: can't scan docs into jpeg's or any other format for that matter or access any of the other printer functions.



If you just need to print from an older legacy printer, the cable is just fine. Otherwise you might want to look into something else. Surprisingly a standard USB cable ended up working like a charm; go figure. - Usb Cable'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • usb cable