Tuesday 1 March 2011

Cheap Speakers - computer speakers, pc speakers


I'm at a loss reading some of the mediocre reviews. I picked up a pair of the Logitech LS11's mainly to have a pair of typical "cheap computer speaker" monitors in the recording studio for checking mix playback. The sub-bass performance on these little gems is surprising, the overall mix balance is flattering, and I can crank them up about to about ~83 dBSPL (about 1/3) before hearing distortion kick in. Maybe it's because I'm driving these speakers from pro rack gear, but I'd buy these again in a second. Logitech LS11 2.0 Stereo Speaker System

I needed a set of small 2.0 speakers to hook up to my new 19" Samsung HDTV. I didn't need booming bass or lots of adjustments. I just wanted a bit richer sound than the tinny TV speakers were putting out, so I figured I could get away with a cheap pair of computer 2.0's. I looked at several brands in this price range and this pair had the most watts and best style. They don't look cheap like others in this price range. My only concern was that the speaker cones are not protected, the others had grills over the cones. They'll be fine for me, I'll just be careful...but I wouldn't recommend these if you have kids, they could easily damage the exposed cones. Not being able to listen to any of them in the store, I decided the best buy would be the Logitech brand. I got them home and hooked them up and they sound great with the TV. In fact, with the auxillary input, I was able to hook them up to the PC as well. The sound is clear and the bass is more then enough for this size speaker. I'm very pleased with my purchase and would recommend them.

Just bought these at Walmart for same price as Amazon for my I-MAC. Great sound for a $20 pair of speakers. Sorry BOSE -$20 vs $100. I have a pair of BOSE computer speakers. The Logitech actually have a better sound quality.

First of all keep in mind that these are cheap speakers. If you want great sound you are going to have to pay $50+ for something this small to sound great.



Sound:

With that out of the way, I got these and have tried them on an old eMachine and my new MacBook Pro. They sound pretty good on both and are definitely louder than the built in speakers. We have watched DVDs on our computers and played games to test the sound, no problems.



Function:

Its pretty easy to set up and they volume knob on the front of the right speaker is really useful.



Build:

The build is definitely all plastic. The shiny disc on the speaker is not chrome but shiny plastic. The grey stand/legs are plastic. I only point that out because form the picture I couldn't tell if any of it was metal, they definitely are not.



Looks:

I got it to match my Macbook Pro. Because they are all plastic they don't quite match its aluminum body but its close enough.



Final:

For $17 you can't beat them.

Some of the reviews are written as if these were top of the line Bose or something. Outside of manufacturing problems I think you get a decent sound for under $30. I play some games like Flight Simulator, but my PC speakers are used for general sound, and making sure clips uploaded properly. For better listening I can use the headphone jack on these, with a good set of full ear headphones, or, when I get really serious, power up the two hundred watt system that's within reach and play a cd. The point is not to expect the same sound from a $30 set that you will get from a $100 or even a $60 set.

I find the sound very clean even at higher volumes which is surprising. I use Real Player with the free three band equalizer for music so I have nothing fancy going on playback wise, but it really helps these little speakers sound much better. Also, if you are using Windows, make sure you adjusted the "sounds" through the Control Panel. Yes, these are mostly plastic but it's that little speaker which is the key and for what I paid for these, it does a good job.



Nov. 2009 Update. The right speaker, or the one without the controls, is starting to go out at low volume. After you crank up the volume it comes back for a while but goes out again when you turn it down. So I have lowered my rating to two stars. A speaker should not go out in three months of light use.

This is a pair of speakers recommended by a friend of mine. I listened to it being used on a laptop, and I was blown away. The sound was crystal clear, there wasn't much of a problem with sound quality. The speakers are light, and is easy to bring to anywhere. What I like about the speakers is that there is only one knob to tweak the sound volume, nothing else required to bring out the bass etc. No software or installation on a laptop/PC required. In fact, this can be added on to your television set I believe. The only downside is that you need to plug in to a wall socket, but I believe that is the reason why the sound quality is great. Extremely good product for the price you pay. - Pc Speakers - Cheap - Computer Speakers - Desktop Speakers'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • computer speakers
  • ,
  • cheap
  • ,
  • desktop speakers
  • ,
  • pc speakers