Saturday 27 February 2010

Battery Tester - battery


Universal Battery Tester for Energizer Duracell Battery, Analyze AA AAA C D 9V and Button Type Cell Batteries for Lithium Alkaline or Rechargable Type



This is the easiest way to check the state of charge of a small battery. You don't need to find your voltmeter, leads and hope the voltmeter batteries are good. Just insert the battery between the two contacts on the side of this tester and it will show you if it is good. AAA through D and nine volt batteries are easy to place between the contacts. The red contact is for the positive side of the battery being tested. The tester has no batteries to go dead and replace because it uses the power from the battery it is testing to get the state of charge reading. I keep mine with my replacement batteries so I always know where it is. I just find this tester more convenient to use than a voltmeter for checking a battery. Holding voltmeter leads to each terminal of a battery and reading the meter requires two hands and placing the voltmeter where you can read it. Universal Battery Tester Tool (Battery NOT Included) -- Best Tester on Amazon!

We were tired of having dozens of batteries laying around the house and not knowing if they were any good or not. So, we found this on-line for a minimal amount and it works just as advertised. It's easy to use and very accurate. Great buy for the price!

With alkaline batteries a voltage tester like this will work most of the time. With the new generation of rechargeable batteries it is worthless. I have had rechargeable batteries that showed as being at 100% on the charger and with the battery tester but would not enable electronic devices to function properly.



I finally bought a $27 pulse load battery tester by ZTS and it showed that two my "good" batteries were in fact only at a 40% charge. No different than a car battery where you need to apply a load and observe the voltage drop to know if the battery is still viable.



The ZTS Mini '9R' Multi-Battery TesterTM



The ZTS works on all battery types (alkaline, NiCad, NiMh, lithiumm). Fast and easy and accurate.

Why (oh, why?) did I wait so long to order one of these? Sure, I own expensive digital Fluke multi-meters but who wants to dig one out, hook up the leads, etc. just to test a battery that wound up in a drawer? This fine device will be living with the new battery cache (so I'll remember where it is!) and we'll no longer be throwing out batteries that we "think" are bad or keeping batteries that we "think" are still okay! What about batteries that are past their "Best if used by" date, no more guesswork!

We've been through a bundle of these. Mostly the kind that have the angled arm that you raise with your finger. You take your chances on accuracy of the reading. This one is much easier to use, produces an accurate reading, and costs less. What more can you ask for? I love it!

I bought this battery tester after my decades old (and relatively expensive) Radio Shack tester finally failed. I didn't expect much for $4, but this is a good tester. It's small, convenient, easy to use and accurate enough for my purposes.

This product checks AA, AAA, C, D, 9volt. Just thought I would put that out there since I wasn't sure when I purchased this product. Anyway, it works perfect for an inexpensive means of checking whether batteries are good or not. It's not 100%, right to the exact point accurate, but it is in the general area and close enough to be confident in either keeping a good battery or throwing one away. I use it all the time and would definitely recommend it!!!

I like versatile tools. Knowing I can check AAA, AA, C, D, 9V & button cells was my key feature. Some battery driven stuff, like toys, require a strong battery to run good enough for the kids to enjoy. But, others, like portable radios will pick up a signal with weaker batteries. Having an easy tool to check their power level is so convenient.

You almost need 3 hands. The battery has to be held in place, and the contact slid to hold it. I just needs a curved rest to hold the battery which would cost less than a cent to add to the production cost. The construction feels flimsy. I would surprised if the this lasts for more than year. - Battery'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • battery