Thursday 25 February 2010

Cannister Vacuum - bagless, canister


I did not realize Black & Decker made a full sized plug-in vacuum cleaner so I gave this one a try for our basement. It is beautifully designed and made and really works well. It comes with a whole bunch of attachments (I haven't even used them all). It is powerful but sounds quiet and high quality when turned on. It's easy to empty without getting your hands dirty and feels as well made as the dyson I have. It also has a great cord rewind feature which makes putting it away much easier than the dyson.

I definitely recommend it, especially for those looking for a high quality canister type vacuum cleaner. Black & Decker Bagless Canister Pet Vac

I've just run a test drive on this vacuum, and I have 3 dogs so I can verify there is a lot of fur and dander in my carpets. The vacuum has a LOT of suction power, which is fine for hard floors; the rug attachment DOES NOT do anywhere near good enough job on the rugs. I know, I'm crying great big tears. Back it goes.

I bought this vacuum because it was the only one I could find that is bagless, has a retractable cord, and a telescopic wand. The suction is just barely there when ANY of the attachments are on. I have to take the attachments off to get corners clean. Forget about pet hair, it wont handle it! The attachments don't snap onto the vacuum, with the exception of a clip that goes onto the hose that gets in the way. So none of the attachments you need are ever around when you need to switch them. Carpet attachment wont even work on my short pile persian rug, and wont roll easily. The beater bar stops the second you put in on the floor. It is quite large and heavy to move around. I should have sent this back!

95% of my floors are a hard surface. We are a family of 2 parents, 5 kids running in age from college down through 1yr old toddler, 2 jack russell dogs, and three cats. My husband is a landscaper (read: dirty!)



I LOVE this vacuum! I have to constantly clean the floors and I don't like lugging around the stick style vacuum...the canister vac pulls easily behind me, the hardwood floor head fits easily under counter cabinets, couches, beds - and pops off easily for me to attack the baseboards, corners, cobwebs, couch crevices, etc. The bagless dirt container empties easily. The "self clean" feature 'flicks' the filter during a high-speed spin when you push the button, which knocks the tiny dust particles out of the filter (think of the old-fashioned beating of a rug to rid it of dirt) which allows the suction to stay very strong. I have used/abused this vacuum for almost four years & its still running strong. The one feature that may not be as great as the rest of them: use of the carpet beater head for carpet cleaning does not seem to have the great results that the hardwood version has on the floors, just so-so. But, if I had mostly carpet in my house I would use a stick vac anyway.

This vacuum (B&D) is lightweight and great for hardwood floors (and for use by the elderly as it is lightweight). It is great for fragile furniture as the all-plastic design will not bang up walls or furniture legs when inadvertantly hit.



Useless for carpets and rugs... For carpets and rugs, I ended up buying a a Hoover equivalent at Walmart for slightly less.... the electric powered attachment is good for carpets and rugs... more heavyweight, chromed-metal design, however too heavy-duty for hardwood floors or around fine furniture... heavy and bangs things up too much.



So now I own 2 vacuums, one for each task.

This thing is amazing! After going through several vacuums throughout the years and never really finding one that works with pet hair, I'm ecstatic with the Black & Decker Bagless Canister. It gets hair off of hardwood floor and carpeting, and does wonders on furniture, shades, etc. It gets stuff from underneath furniture and other hard to reach areas with it's suction power and great attachments. It really does the trick no matter what you need to pick up. It handles any job with ease and has the power, features and usability of a very expensive unit. It's easy to clean, doesn't fill up quickly and is an all around excellent buy for anyone in the market for a vacuum, not just per owners. I highly recommend this vacuum!

I was in the Black and Decker outlet the other day and saw this item as a refurbished product for only $89! I had been looking at an electrolux canister for over $300... I already own an upright Dyson, which is large and quite cumbersome, especially on stairs!



This little canister is VERY powerful... I have three Newfoundland dogs, so I know what dog hair is like! The floor attachments were great, the wand and brush attachement also were great. The only thing I didn't tackle were the oriental rugs... the carpet attachment is NOT powered, so I have a feeling it isn't going to do the carpet as good as the Dyson, but overall I am extremely happy with my purchase and even happier with my price! (I had a small canister with bags and it was horrible)



Emptying the canister was super easy! - Bagless - Canister - Pet Hair Vacuum - Vacuum'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information