Wednesday 24 February 2010

Lap Counters - lap counters, lap counter


The ACCUSPLIT AL608 is a compact handheld tally counter. For those needing to count people or objects quickly, the tally counter is a very good device. Each press of the counter button provides good feedback (audible click) that the count had been made. A rotary dial provides easy reset capability. If you need something for surface mount (table top) counting, you will want to use another product. ACCUSPLIT AL608 Finger Hold Tally Counter

Simple, good weight. My only contention is that there is a rather audible click when pressed. My situation is best when quiet, if your in situations where noise isn't intrusive then this is an excellent little tool.

My wife was complaining about trying to keep track of items she's counting at work when people just walk up and start talking to her. I just nodded and went straight to Amazon.com, found this counter, and ordered it immediately. A few days later it came in, and my wife was suprised that I was even paying attention, let alone solved her dilema. The next day at work her co-workers were impressed, and they all wanted one too. So, hopefully they found this site and ordered themselves one too.

Looking at the other reviews maybe I got a dud, but testing it right out of the box the unit consistently failed to register when I pressed the button. I tried different quickness and pressures in my pressing but it still failed and often enough to make the unit worthless to me. This is the second counter I've purchased from Amazon in a week (other one was Coach Dave's Pitch Count Model 300) that is worthless due to low reliability--I can do better counting on my fingers!

I am 7 months pregnant and i purchased this product to count my baby movements. I am still working full-time and it is difficult to keep count while i am working but with the counter i can just hold it and click it everytime my baby moves. I was trying to keep track manually and once i started using this counter, i discovered i was way off! I love this product!!

I have used this counter on a daily, routine basis for my own behavior-self-managemtent. I have far from "maxxed" the use/potential of this product, it is ruggedly constructed and could-- assuredly-- endure high-end applications, such as in counts/censuses of large crowds or in marketing-with-large-volume.



For my use, though, this little gadget is a dream to use. For my target behaviors, this will count to 9999-- and "clears" readily by "roll-over" of the dial-attached. Another item that makes this product A-OK is the finger-hold -- which means that there might be no cumbersome holding of the product while doing "counts"-- and I know that for behavior/event/object counts "on the run" this product would thus be "a dream"!!



Patient/health-consumer self-management skills are said to be an evidence-based practice-- and my use is of that nature. This means that if/when the "culture is grown" for people measuring their own health-behaviors, the need for a modestly-priced, quite-able product like this will mushroom/burgeon. - Lap Counter - Counter - Lap Counters - Accusplit'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information