Wednesday 24 February 2010

Multisport - cycling, multisport


Love my Garmin 310xt right out of the box, but this adds tremendous ease for transitioning from the bike to the run. You can even pop your Garmin into your swim cap then right onto the watch band for the bike. Love it. The band is not quite as attractive as the original band but the practicality of it far makes up for its looks. Let's face it the whole watch itself is not gonna win any fashion awards, but way functional. Garmin Quick release kit

The first thing I wanted to know after purchasing this product was whether I could mount it on one of my aero bars instead of on the handlebar. Happily, the answer was yes.



I found the process of converting to the quick release strap was pretty easy, especially with the included tool for pulling the watch pins. I would comment, though that the strap band does not stay tucked into the retaining band very well it is frequently popping out and that is slightly annoying.

Product is exactly as described and functions perfectly for transferring the GPS from your wrist to the bike and back with ease. In my first race however, it was kicked early on the swim and became dislodged from the seated position. Had I not stopped to check it I would have lost the GPS unit. The rest of the swim I kept a close eye on it which was a distraction I didnt need. I think I'll just use the reg straps for racing from now on. I still like this for training since I like having the computer on the bike.

The band included in this kit is not very good. Some of my friends have gotten other kits that let you keep the original band which is great. Also, the fact that it just zip ties to the handlebars is not the best.



Product does what it says though.

Works as promised. Not at flush to wrist as original band. Does feel a little weighted due to this. Easy switching from wrist to bike. Bike mount is only secured with ties. Would have thought that they would provide something removable and having to be cut off. Overall happy!

This kit works as advertised. It took me only a few moments to swap out the band, install the clip and be ready for action. You simply twist the watch a quarter turn to remove or install it onto the watch band or the bike mount. This makes for fast transition times if you're a triathlete. Even if you're not, once installed onto your bike it instantly turns your Garmin device into a bike computer.



If they offered a higher quality soft band I would pay more for it but as is it simply works.

It is a bit difficult to get the pins into the watch back after adding the quick release piece. You have to put the hook end in first and then slide the tool in the small squares on the other end to try to get the pins in on that side. After that is over the thing works perfectly. Nice sturdy clipping action and the band is not as ugly as everyone says.

I ordered this at the same time as my Forerunner310. I never wore the original Forerunner bands since I immediately switched to the provided band with this kit. I have no regrets. The kit does what is suposed to without any trouble. Works great, holds the 310 securely, and has survived a few crashes on the bike without a hint of letting the unit go flying off into the distance. I actually just ordered a second one so I have a bike mount for my mtb and a spare band in case I need it, but so far I have no reason to suspect I will.



Great product that I highly recommend.

I was concerned when I bought this that it might be too loose, or flimsy for actual racing or training, but am happy to say that it works perfectly, and feels very secure on my bike and wrist when I'm training or racing. Definitely more flexible and usable than the ugly orange and silver strap that came with the watch. The profile does increase a little when wearing it on your arm, but that's a small price to pay. I whole heartedly recommend this for anyone with a Garmin 310XT. - Multisport - Bicycle Accessories - Triathlon - Cycling'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information