Sunday 28 February 2010

Shoot Digital Cameras - digital camera, polaroid


I just bought this camera, and from what I can tell so far it's pretty good. Pros:

1.) Takes really clear pictures

2.) Nice BIG screen

3.) comes in a cool color

4.) Plays videos through windows media



Cons:

1.) So far the only thing which isn't so bad is the shutter-lag. My old Kodak use to take super quick pics, this one is still fast, but not as fast as my old camera.



In general, this is a good camera i would recommend. Polaroid t1031 10.0 MP Digital Still Camera with 3.0 LCD Display (Orange)

I bought this camera for my 14yr old daughter and had it shipped to California for her Christmas present. She loves it! It is easy to use and she likes the big LCD display. I liked the price because my daughter is known to lose things. But she likes it so much she hasn't lost it yet. I would highly recommend it to someone who wants a small inexpensive easy to use Camera. I ordered the orange caselogic ultra compact case with storage and a sd card to make a total package and my daughter is in digital photo heaven! Plus KUDOs to Amazon, the items shipped quickly and without any errors and well before Christmas day... Loved the whole experience!

Camera works well..nice big screen..much like most other cameras today..the only complaint I have is that there is no button for video..you have to go into the menu to switch to video mode. This isn't convenient for a kid (although they are probably better at figuring these things out that adults), but it's also just not convenient. Other than that, the camera is good, especially for the price.

I read the review regarding a possible memory flaw, and purchased this camera anyway because I was hoping it was an anomaly. I didn't add a memory card, because I was curious about the internal memory. After two photos, "Memory full" displays on the LCD. I received the camera today, and I am not prepared to give up on it yet, because of the price I paid ($[...] on amazon).



I intend to try some experimenting with and without a memory card, and I'll update my review...



May 6, 2010 update:



With my SanDisk 4GB SDHC Card, there don't appear any memory issues at this point. So that's a relief. I am not sure if it is reasonable to expect the internal memory to be better for this product. The user guide is very disappointing. It has very little information, and so I am trying to experiment with different settings to determine how to optimize the use of this camera. The photos appear grainy, but perhaps that's acceptable for a camera of this quality. I am a novice and would feel more comfortable if the manual were more informative. I'm still not giving up, and I can give it 3 stars for now.





May 7, 2010 update:



I found a comprehensive user's manual on [...]. It's 93 pages. My friend said that Polaroid probably didn't include it because it would mean they'd have to charge more for the camera. So now, I believe it's fair to give it 4 stars, however, I'm still experimenting, and may post another update later. By the way, [...] lists the retail price at $79.99. So I would advise others to give it a try now, because amazon is still selling it for $20 less.

I purchased the Polaroid T1031 for my daughter because she was graduating from H.S. and I wanted her to capture all the moments of her last year. I was looking for an inexpensive camera because this was going to be her 3rd one. Well when I saw this one for $60 I snatched it up right away, not really paying attention to the features. Well once we received it and compared it to the expensive camera I purchased (KODAK)for myself I was blown away. The pictures were brighter, sharper, colorful, the screen was GIGANTIC compared to mine. The function buttons were not sitting on top of one another and the share features were very easy to do. The video and sound was amazing, I swear you would have thought I had a camcorder. This camera saved my memories of her last year of H.S. becasue the KODAK was not even close to providing the same performance as the Polaroid T1031. Don't judge a camera by its price or color. :-)

I was very excited to get my camera in. My only gripe is now it's on sale even more, my loss. The menus are easy to figure out without the manual and simple to navigate through quickly when wanting to change from picture to video and back and for different features. I bought this camera for it's size and for it's ability to zoom while videoing. My big chunky Fuji is still my main one but this one is for more discreet picture taking in say a restaurant etc...the pictures have been clear and the color good. The display is very clear and I like the size of it. Others mentioned problems with the battery life, battery compartment door etc. I have not had any problems with any of that.

Got this camera for my daughter as this met her requirements... sleek, good color,3 inch lcd, not pricey.I would rate the picture quality close to my canon SD110. Don't need to think twice if need one for your kids. Highly recommend. - Digital Camera - Polaroid - 10mp Camera - Photography'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • polaroid
  • ,
  • 10mp camera
  • ,
  • digital camera
  • ,
  • photography