Saturday 27 February 2010

Inaccurate - bic, dry erase


I ordered these Expo markers to use with the "Cling on - Write on" 27 X 34 sheets to make VBS wall decorations. They worked well together. I would recommend using these markers to anyone. This package had a nice assortment of colors that are not usually seen in smaller packages, such as 2 shades of orange and 3 shades of brown, 2 shades of red, etc.



Con: I don't know if it was the "luck of the draw" or their standard set of colors in the package that I received. Of the 18 markers that were in my package, some common colors were duplicates while other desired colors were absent. I received 2 medium blues, 2 blacks, 2 purples - however, I did not receive any yellows or grays which I needed for some of my decorations.



Overall I was very satisfied with this product and will order it again in the future after my current batch is used up. Expo Dry Erase Markers - 18ct

A four by six foot Expo white board has been on the wall of my office for years. As easy as the white board is to use, I still miss the look of the old slate chalk boards. Of course, I do not miss the messiness of the chalk dust that used to get over everything. I had no idea that there were black dry erase boards. Now, I have one! I just received an Expo black board and neon marker combo. I love it.



The black board now sits on the wall above my desk. It attaches to the wall magnetically. I can write on it with the neon markers that came with the kit. They all show up well. It looks like the black boards that restaurants use for posting the specials-of-the-day. Post-it notes stick to it, as do magnets. These cute black boards can be obtained separately from the markers. They come in 8.5 x 11 inch and 10 x 10 inch sizes.



I tested the neon markers on the new black board as well as on my large white board. The neon markers show up well on black, but only the pink color can be read easily on the white board. The neon dayglow on black looks great. The neon markers can also be purchased separately.



Since I am a scientist after all, I also tested the white board markers on the black board. I tried blue, red, green and black. Although, they are great on the white board, they are not at all visible on the black board.



The one necessary item that did not come with the combo kit is an eraser Fortunately, I already had a standard Expo eraser. It erases the neon writing easily. A paper towel also works.



Altogether, I am very happy with my new black board, the old white board, the markers, and eraser. I cannot wait until they come out with larger black boards, so that I can satisfy my retro leanings with the new technology.

Having writen directly to Stanford/Expo, they replied "Unfortunately, our Expo® Dry Erase Marker in Yellow is no longer available and there is no exact replacement at this time." Feeling a little uneasy over this I went ahead and ordered these from another office supply store that explicidly listed the colours that are supposed to come in the package (which included yellow). However, when I received them I found that a few of the colours had been replaced by new colours, and there was no Yellow. The picture on these pages are stock, and do not reflect the current product. As a dry erase marker, they work great, but if you're looking for your basic 8 colours like in a pack of crayons, Expo can't deliver.



Because I really need a yellow dry erase, I instead ordered BIC Great Erase Bold Color "Tank" Dry Erase Marker, Chisel Tip, Assorted Colors, 8 Dry Erase Markers. Having tried the BIC brand, they work great, and you do in fact get what you order as pictured. I would highly recommend BIC instead of Expo.

I mean, some of the colors came ramdomly selected, so lot of "normal" colors twice.

The reason why I bought it was the original ones, so i should get more of those... anyway they are good enought for the main funtion they supose to work for, meaning to write on my whiteboard without leaving a trace after erase things

I bought these markers only for the variety of colours they offered and I was very dissapointed when I found 6 of them of the same colour. I've read a commet by PamRc, however I thought that they will include at least basic colours (it is a pack of 18 markers, not 10 or 12, right?). So my pack had 2 black, 2 red, 2 blue, 2 light blue, 2 purple, 2 reddish purple, 1 orange, 1 green, 1 light green, 1 brown, 1 light brown, and 1 pink. But the yellow was missing! I thought of Expo markers as markers including even light colours, the ones you don't normally use on a white board. I was really desperate to find the yellow but I couldn't.

IMHO, the picture and description are somehow misleading. - Dry Erase - Bic - Dry Erase Markers - Inaccurate'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information