Friday 26 February 2010

Kindle Dx Accessories - kindle dx accessories, kindle dx


I reviewed this expecting a quality case without paying an exorbitant price.



Ordered this case for my Viewsonic G-tablet and it fits great even though its for the kindle dx. In fact it feels as if it were made for my device.



The leather seems legit (though I wouldn't mind if it weren't). The latch works fine, its a magnet snap button. There are many little pouches and holders for business or school stuff.



The cover folds back just fine if it gets in the way. If kindle users get this just be mindfull to fold the latch back for a long period of time so that it doesn't always wanna get in the way of your reading.





Pros:

-good material

-lots of pockets

-even fits a g-tablet



Cons:

-Latch might get in the way of reading at first







Trevsource CaseCrown Synthetic Leather Opening Case with Interior Compartments for Amazon Kindle DX (Black)

I looked over every cover available for the Kindle DX. Read all the reviews (this one did not have one at the time) and decided to try this cover as it had real leather and a place for a card or two in the interior compartments. When it arrived I was very pleased and glad I choose this case with the free shipping from Amazon. The case is well made, carefully constructed and looks professional. It is about half the price of others like it including the original Amazon Kindle case (I did not like all the complaints about that case). It gets five stars hands down.

This case was purchased to replace the high quality leather case that attaches to the Kindle with hooks on the left edge of the unit but unfortunately breaks the white plastic cover of the Kindle after a month or so. I purchased this particular cover since the Kindle slips into diagonal straps at each corner. The straps are effective, although getting looser with time, and the rupture in the plastic frame of the Kindle from the first cover has surprisingly almost repaired itself. On the down side, the cover is bulky and the magnetic closing strap gets in the way while trying to read. It needs to be able to be fastened back behind the cover while using the Kindle. The "leather" cover material is pretty cheesy looking also.



This unit is an adequate solution if you have the plastic breakage problem, but the "feel" of the quality is distracting compared to the great quality of the Kindle itself.

I know it was designed for Kindle DX, but it fits ViewSonic G Tablet perfectly, like a glove.



Pros: Sturdy case, very nice quality, have access to all ports/buttons. Snug fit, tablet is not moving anywhere.

Cons: Power button is a bit on a way of one of the corner holders, but not enough pressure to press button on its own.. otherwise that would be a major issue..



Overall I am very happy with it.

The CaseCrown case is a perfect fit for the Viewsonic G Tablet. The elastic holders fit snuggly. One almost covers the power switch which has proven to be a good thing. I'd frequently hit the switch with a button or something when holding the G Tablet on my lap and turn it off. Not good. Now it is covered but accessible at the same time. The photos seem to show the new model. I got a notice that they were backordered and a day or two later another notice that they now had the closing tab on the front and the clasp on the rear. Seller offered a bit of a discount for the inconvenience and asked if I wanted the case. I did. With the tab on the front, some of the complaints about the tab covering the screen of the Kindle or in my case, the G Tab are not applicable. The G Tab is a little heavy and having it in the case provides a good surface to grip, some small note pockets inside (business card size) and a nice professional appearance overall. Very pleased. Good value.

I thought I was purchasing a nice, real leather case for my new Kindle. I was extremely disappointed in the cheap quality of this case. The leather, if it is leather, is micro-thin and wrapped around cardboard. The interior pockets do not look sturdy enough to hold my business cards. The only thing worthwhile on the case is the magnetic "snap". Don't waste your money.

I bought this case for $20, cheaper than the amazon case for Kindle DX, which is $30 more expensive.



There are a lot of useful pockets on the inside, theres also a magnetic stripe to close and secure the case. The quality is good, real leather, and the price is right.



One BIG THING about this case is that it does no have those metallic flaps to secure the kindle, I consider that an advantage because the cases with those metal flaps crack the kindle body and then you are left with a damaged device. Check the review of the other cases to know what I mean.

The case is adequate for what I bought it for, which is to help it survive a dorm room and a back pack, but on the whole seems to be cheaply made. I doubt it will last much longer than a semester efore the elastic stretches out too much and the leather is worn away to the cardboard underneath. I will probably go for a more expensive, higher quality version next time.

I bought this because I could find nothing else that was even close. The reviews said it worked great for the Gtablet.



Size wise it is pretty good. It is a little thin because the Kindle is thinner. This is not really and issue though. Width and height are perfect it is just a smidgeon to thin.



It seems to be well made and not flimsy.



There are problems though.

The power button for the Gtablet is in the corner. The tablet is held in place by 2 corner pockets and 2 elastic corner straps. You cannot put the gtablet in with the power button in the corner pocket as it turns on and off a lot. This forces you to put it in with the camera to the outside of the case. This seemed upside down to me. I had thought you might get some angle for flat typing with the case folded back but it is pretty much even. This is a minor issue as there really is not much difference.



The big problem is the elastic straps also turn the unit on and off. Not as much but to much. So what I have had to do is only put the one on on the inside of the case. The outside one is folded back out of the way. I am still looking for away to affix the outside strap so that it does not turn the unit off. Even with only 2 pockets and 1 strap the unit stays in well.



As with anything that you try to jury rig it is not perfect but until somebody starts making accessories for something besides crApple we have to make do.



I am keeping it because I have not found anything better. - Kindle Dx Case - Dx Cover - Kindle Dx - Kindle Dx Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information