Wednesday 24 February 2010

Weight Training


These gloves are of a good quality, though have a strong smell (leather dye, I assume). I am using them almost daily, and they cusion palms and fingers nicely. The velcro on the back is slightly uncomfortable, probably due to the size being too small. I ordered gloves in medium size, but they are too small for my relatively small hands. If you think you need medium, you, probably, should order large. I am giving 4 stars for the size issue, but the quality and price combination is very good. Harbinger Power StretchBack Glove (Black, Large)

I prefer a weightlifting glove that protects the hands from the normal abrasions of handling the bars and barbells, but doesn't have excessive padding that interferes with getting a good grip, or a wrist strap to interfere with the wrist's range of motion. I like to lift with a basic glove. I normally prefer a 100% leather glove, but decided to give these a try.



The only significant difference between these and a 100% leather is the back of the glove; it is made of a stretchable fabric. This fabric is not the mesh often found on inexpensive gloves, but a quality material that provides a good form-fit. If the glove is the proper size, the fit is snug, but not too tight. The fit is superior to the 100% leather gloves I have used.



The palm has extra leather padding, but not too much. My fingers can grip olympic bars, curl bars, and contour dumbells with the gloves on.



The overall construction of the gloves is pretty good. There is very little unevenness in construction, which is fairly common in most weightlifting gloves.



Despite the reasonable price, these gloves are of good quality. I could afford more, but these gloves fit my needs perfectly.

I have been using this product for a while now and am generally happy with is performance. My only comment is the same as others on this thread, in that even though I ordered a Large size, these gloves are still a bit tight. So I would recommend that if anyone is considering purchasing these gloves, order a size larger than you normally would.

These are BASIC work out gloves. Not the best design or feel but they do their job and are priced appropriately. (You get what you pay for.) If you're looking for something flashy and comfy; look else where. If you're serious about your workout and your money and want to protect your hands as well as your wallet; these are the ones.

Secondly, GO BIG OR GO HOME applies here. They're made in China so they may be XL over there; but in the U.S. these are a size large at best. XL Fits me tight and I'm 5'11" @ 195lbs with average hands.

Good gloves. Not the best I've seen. Harbinger 143 are far superior and cheaper. Regarding the gloves, I read a lot of complaints regarding the sizing before I purchased these and I believed them and bought one size larger (up'd from med to large). Big Mistake. The Gloves were loose and uncomfortable. I ended up giving them to my brother. They're decent gloves, but Harbinger has far better gloves for less.

This is my first pair of exercise gloves so I can't really provide a meaningful critique on their fabrication. They are comfortable and appear to be well made. However, from the comments of several people, I sized up one size and find that they are a tad too big for me. I feel therefore that the sizing is accurate on these gloves.

I work out pretty frequently, but this particular item has been by far the shortest lived pair of gloves I have ever owned. The lower palm of the hand is comprised of paper thin leather, and ripped after about 3 weeks use.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Weight Training Weight Training Weight Training