Thursday 25 February 2010

Ipad Accessories - ipad mount, bad-elf


RAM Mounting Systems RAP-299-2-AP8U Flexible Arm Mount for the Apple iPad (Black)



This us a great product! It won't fall off the glass or break your vent when you hit a bump since it mounts in a sturdy cup holder at the most stable point in a car.



This product exceeds my expectations in adjustability of the gooseneck and overall quality. This is a very sturdy product that should last for years. It wasn't obvious before I received the product but there are two points to attach the gooseneck to the iPad holder which is a great idea because it allows for some more adjustment in relation to the gear shift and my other cup holder. Given the location of my cup holders, a standard shift would be a little inconvenient but since my car is an automatic so there is no problem.



It will work with an iPad 1 or an iPad 2 after the attachment of two small bumpers that compensates for the thinner iPad 2. You can't go back to the thicker iPad 1 after you install the bumpers. RAM Mounting Systems RAP-299-2-AP8U Flexible Arm Mount for the Apple iPad (Black)

I have been searching for a good cup-holder based iPad mount for over six months, and I stumbled across this one last week. I have Amazon Prime and got it overnighted for$4 bucks. I installed this in my Mini Cooper, which if you have been in one, you know that the cupholders are poorly placed, as well as being small. This mount worked even in the cupholders in the Mini, and so I tried it in a few others cars. It works perfectly. It holds the iPad very securely, and does not take up a bunch of space that you need to see (i.e. - windshield space).



Great purchase

I use this iPad mount in my truck. It fits perfectly in my cup holder. The wire stem is stiff but adjustable. There is a little vibration while driving, but it is completely within tolerable limits. I can now use my Navigation app or Google Maps while on the road. I also stream music to my truck radio and can check emails when at stoplights. Very nice product.

I've only had this iPad car cup holder stand for a couple of days, but I'm already in love with it. I'm in the car a lot for work and fun. My iPad goes with me everywhere and I use it daily for business and personal tasks. This holder solves a big problem I had. I hated just sitting the iPad in the car because it would often slide off the seat or someone had to hold it. With this cup holder stand the iPad is safe and secure and USEABLE! Its great when you want to use your iPad as a GPS (better than a TomTom), easily control the music you're listening to, check emails WHILE PARKED or letting your passenger(s) watch a movie while on the road.



The construction is very nice and appears it should last a long time. It seems to fit well in many different cup holder sizes.



I have mine in my 2007 Ford Edge SEL+ and it has a large and a small cup holder and works in either one (see photo above).



Pros:

1.) Much needed accessory for any one who uses their iPad in the car.

2.) Works with iPad1 and iPad2 (I have an iPad2 and didn't even need to use the bumpers provided for converting it for iPad2 usage).

3.) Has 2 different places you can attached the adjustable stand (center or left side). I used the left side to help keep it from obstructing my A/C and radio controls.

4.) Very sturdy build that should last long time.

5.) Bottom is open so you can still use the charing port while mounted.

6.) Has a flexible arm so you can position the mount at an angle you want.

7.) Unlike bolt mounted stands, this stand is highly portable and can be removed or moved to another car in seconds.



Cons:

1.) May promote using the iPad while driving (not a good thing - I would not buy this for teens or careless drivers).

2.) The iPad cannot be in a case or even a slim cover. I have to take my back cover and smart cover off whenever I put this in the holder. Not a big deal.

3.) The arm does wiggle some with road conditions. This is unavoidable and I have not found it to be a big deal

4.) How well this works will also highly depend on where your cup holders are located. While they are perfect in my Ford Edge, it does not work well in my Infinity FX35 - due to poor cup holder design.

5.) May promote your iPad getting stolen if you get lazy and leave it in the holder when you get out of your car - makes your iPad highly visible to potential thieves.



So far this is my favorite iPad accessory. I highly recommend it for yourself or as a GREAT gift for an iPad owner in your life.

They need a list of popular auto model where mount would not fit. The bottom of my Odyssey cupholder is narrower than the top which make mount a bit wobbly. Fits well in 4Runner though. They should also include assembly manual, although it is easy enough to figure out.

The mount seems well made and I don't have any doubt regarding the quality of the product. It seems solid and the part that clips the iPad in place holds it very securely. The issue are the fit of the portion that goes in the cup holder and the length of the arm. I have an Audi TT and it doesn't fit in the cup holders at all. I will probably attempt to cut the fins on the side and see if I can get it in there. However, the other obstacle is the length of the arm that the iPad mounts to. It just doesn't seem like it would allow enough space between the driver and the iPad.

I carry my iPad with me in my personal vehicle as well is my work vehicle. The reason I chose this holder was that it seemed simple to mount and would work in both of these vehicles. I was concerned about sturdiness but decided to give it a try. Turned out to be very sturdy. There is some vibration while moving but very little and certainly does not affect the performance of the iPad. If I travel with my iPad I can now bring this holder and use it in a rental car. - Bad-elf - Ipad Mount - Ipod Touch - Gps'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information