Sunday 28 February 2010

First Day Of School - first day of school, pencil


These are the only leads I buy if I can get them. They are firm and don't smear as much as other leads. Very handy for drawing and detail work. If I remember there are also softer B leads available in smaller packs. Those are also useful, but I don't use them as much. I have to agree with Oops, I prefer them sold in one container. Would save plastic and resources. I'm also not crazy about the new container design with the angled lids.



The 5 star rating here goes to the leads, but if I were to consider the container with the rating, I'd have to take off two stars. I prefer the old lids. They seemed more secure. The new lids with the diagonal opening can slide off too easy if carried in a bag or purse. It was upsetting to find a bunch of these all broken up in my bag because the lid slid partially off.



The containers here pictured seem to be of the old style. I'm not sure what kind is offered if you order, but I will note there are at least a couple container designs for this product. If you get the angled lid design, you may want to be careful how you carry it around. Pentel Super Hi-Polymer Lead Refill , 0.5 mm Fine, HB, 90 Pieces of Lead (C25BPHB3-K6)

Lead is lead, right? NO! This is Pentel lead, baby. The creme-de-la-cream (or some french phrase) of lead. And along with Pentel's awesome mechanical pencils, you can't go wrong. I haven't, at least. The type of lead I'm reviewing right now is the most common type, although Pentel makes all sorts of hardness' of lead (also blue and red leads, which I haven't tried). You also get a ton of lead for the price on here. I've read some comments on this site-for the same product-from other sellers of the lead. Many have complained that they should only be selling one container with all the lead inside. I say phooey to that. I keep one in my bag, one in my desk at work, and other at my desk at home. That's three places for three containers, so it works out perfectly for me. Great product. Highly recommended.

Just as the name suggests, I am and continue to be happy with Pentel lead (or graphite for those of you who want to be picky). It is a good price, delivers a good quality writing, and it works with any 0.5mm mechanical pencil.

The lead is pretty good. Its nice and clear. However the only one little hiccup i have with this is that it goes away fast. I dont know why but I go though like 1.5 lead each day. I dont know if its because of the quality of the lead, but I didnt have this with the lead that came with my pencil. - Mechanical Pencil - First Day Of School - Home Office - Pencil'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information