Thursday 25 February 2010

Fitness - fitness, jump ropes


I am 5'11 and found this jumprope at 9' to be too short for the crossover move. It's fine for the normal jump where you come off the ground about an inch, but I can't just jump an inch when trying the crossover move. I'd have to jump much higher to clear it.



I am going back to 9.5' ropes.



As for the weights, they are nice. Note that if you take out the weights, there is empty space in the handle and the rope can travel into the handle, effectively make it a shorter rope. Weider Adjustable Weight Leather Jump Rope

This product arrived fast, and packaged nicely!



This is the first jump rope I have ever purchased in terms of fitness, so I did quite alot of research, I almost proceeded to my car to shop for a rope in person, since there were so many issues with rope reviews I had read from many sites. However, with the free shipping and great price I decided to give this rope a try, and I'm glad I did! Perfect weighted handles, turns fine (this was a major issue in most reviews), is quite durable and I didn't need to adjust it (I'm 5'10). A purchase I am satisfied with!

I like the weights and where the rope enter the handle to minimize wear. Overall, it's not a major improvement from a cheaper rope, but not bad either. It's a bit short at 9' without any lengthier options.

I figured out after a week that this jump rope wasn't on its way. Usually when it says it takes 1-2 months to get it they mean 2 weeks, so I just kept waiting... and waiting... and waiting. 2 months later... voila. Was it worth the wait? Probably not. It is a nice rope but the leather is less flexible and I think this causes it to get caught on your feet more often. I jump rope to work out and used to have a weighted Nike jump rope that was a synthetic material on the rope part. It was way better than this. I can usually get 100+ per set with no mistakes... on this one I never seem to make it above 50 and that is when I am being very conscious of the situation and trying to jump extra high. - Jump Ropes - Rope - Exercise - Fitness'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information