Sunday 28 February 2010

Laptop Batteries - laptop battery, laptop


This battery arrived 2 days before the suggested arrival date. I replaced a 4400ma battery that died after 15 months of owning my laptop (just 3 months out of warranty) After several calls and emails to HP the best they could do is send me a replacement 4400ma battery for $67.00 plus shipping and handling. I was concerned that it may only last 15 months. I have read many bad reviews about the hp stock battery I had . After searching amazon.com found an 8800ma battery for $54.00. This battery is in my HP Pavilion dv4-1220us laptop. I have read the reviews and some complaints were about the battery being heavy and raised the laptop about a 1/2in. higher than the 4400ma stock battery that came with the laptop. This is not only true for the replacement 12 cell battery, but to note my brother-in-law has a later model hp pavilion with a stock 12 cell battery, and it is the same size as the replacement battery I purchased. If you want a lighter flatter battery then get a 4400ma battery. However my 4400ma stock battery never got me more than 1hr and 30 minutes of power and lasted only 15 months. On the other hand after having this battery for just about a week now I get about 3hrs and 45 minutes of battery life streaming music. It is well worth the extra weight and actually easier to type now that the laptop is angled a little bit. There was another complaint that the battery either fell out of the machine or was a bit shakey, and at times lost connection and the laptop would shut down. Now I don't know about other models of laptops, but on my pavilion dv4-1220us this does not happen. I will say that it does wiggle a little, but my brother-in-law's 12 cell 8800ma stock battery with his ph pavilion also has some wiggle room. All in all for the money compared to what HP wants for the same battery you can't beat it. My only regret is that at the time of posting this review the same battery is 7 dollars cheaper than when I ordered a little over 2 weeks ago. New Laptop Replacement Battery for HP Pavilion dv4 Series, Pavilion dv5 Series , Pavilion dv6 Series

I bought this battery for my HPDV51000 Laptop. I chose this battery over an HP Battery for 2 reasons 1) My original HP battery died after 15 months of use so I didn't want to get another one with the same results, I was hoping to find one that would last longer. 2) This battery had good reviews. I followed all the directions by calibrating the battery several times by fully draining and then recharging it. The battery only lasts for less than 1 hour with all the power settings set to the HP Recommended settings. The original HP laptop battery lasted well over 2 hours on the same settings. Overall I am disappointed.

I got this to replace a dead battery on my HP Pavillion DV-4 (which died after 14 months).

The price was great, compared to getting one direct from HP. So I was a bit skeptical about performance. But now it's been 3 months and it still works fine. Charges just as fast, and the charge lasts as long as the original HP battery did. It's basically just a clone of the HP battery, and these aftermarket batteries can be hit-or-miss. There is always a risk when buying a battery not made by the manufacturer, but I have found this one to work just as well as the first one. I hope it lasts even longer than the original. The battery life of the original HP battery was very dissapointing.

The battery works fine as long as you are using an actual HP power cord with it. When I first got this replacement battery it did not work with the cheap power cord I bought for $15 off here. If you need to replace your battery and/or power cord (as I had to after less than two years), this battery is fine but spend the extra money ($25 on Amazon) and buy the right HP power cord.

I ordered this for my laptop and they sent me the wrong part. I will edit this review once I have gotten the correct part or even a response from customer service. Until then I still have not heard from customer service as you have to email them. They don't provide you with a telephone number. We could solve the issue with a two minute phone conversation but is this world now a days people feel an 8 hour response to a simple problem is better customer service. Will not buy again from them.

The actual product which was delivered was not at all the same as in the description of the product. it does not work for dv5 or dv6 laptops. Even on the delivered charger, it says dv4 charger. u will be cheated.

I was amazed how quickly the item got to me. I got an email saying that it was going to take much longer, but it arrived in just about a week and a half. It was a lot cheaper than a lot of others, so that made me nervous, but so far it is performing better than the original battery ever did.

I recieved the product in a proper time frame and it was the exact one. The only problem I had was when I searched for this product I wasn't sure if it was the right one but I got help and it turned out to be the correct one.

I bought this battery because my original battery had lost it's ability to hold a charge. Since using this battery, I have the portability of my laptop back and I absolutely love it. This is a good battery, for a good price and I'd definitely recommend it.

This battery is great. It is of much better quality than my HP battery that came with this computer, which lasted LESS THAN A YEAR before it said I needed a new one. I went on without a new battery for a while (just stayed plugged in), but finally it died completely and I had to get a new one. Affordable, fast delivery, and it fit my Pavillion dv4 perfectly. Thanks! - Laptop Battery - Battery - Laptop Batteries - Laptop'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • laptop batteries
  • ,
  • battery
  • ,
  • laptop battery
  • ,
  • laptop