Thursday 25 February 2010

Wireless Speaker


I ordered one of these speakers for my husband for a birthday gift, reasoning that if he liked it, I would get another so that he would have stereo sound outdoors. We hooked it up tonight, and it has worked great for us. The setup only took a few minutes, and the sound clarity is excellent. It also looks good--either sitting or hanging. Although it's mono right now, it sounds fantastic--good enough that I'm ordering another so that we'll have stereo sound. I must note that we are very close to the sound source--ten to fifteen feet, so I can't speak for longer ranges. The speaker can be either plugged into an outlet (adapter included) or powered by batteries. We have ours plugged in, and don't intend to use batteries, so consider battery life if you don't have an outlet handy. Overall, we're really impressed by these speakers. I'll update if we encounter any problems. Audiovox Acoustic Research AW826 Main Street Outdoor Wireless Speaker (Black)

Contacted Audiovox about "noise",popping noises.Response was "It's wireless anything can interfere with it".I had the speaker set up approx. 20 feet from the transmitter.Don't buy this product,if you do expect to feel ripped off.

I would expect a good quality product from AR and I was pleasantly surprised by the excellent quality of the sound and of course it worked out of the box. Walking with it to the outside edge of my yard, at least 80ft from the transmitter which was indoors while the speaker was playing, did not result in any loss of sound or any variation of volume at all. The transmitter works perfectly on the line output from my cable box or DVD/CD player so no headphone amplifier is required to boost the signal which is the case with some competitors. I will be ordering another three for placement around my back yard! Tip: If you get popping noises then change the channel (there are three on the transmitter). Also check if you have an old style cordless phone or wi-fi router that may be causing interference.

The unit "died" within 2 weeks of setting it up outside under a covered space. Took forever to get them to get back to me on where & how to return it, then I get a bill for nearly the price I paid to fix it. They say it is and out of warranty defect (it has a 12 month warranty, I have only had it a couple months) but have not gotten back to me on what it is our what that means only saying that I need to send in a check or it will be sent back not fixed. Horrible customer service and horrible product DO NOT BUY! STAY AWAY!'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Wireless Speaker Wireless Speaker Wireless Speaker