Sunday 28 February 2010

Iphone Cable


I agonized over which, if any, of these cables to purchase. There are so many negative reviews and comments on the 6 foot USB iPhone connector cables. But I decided to take a chance and I'm happy to report they all work just fine.



I ordered from the seller Shivser, but when I checked out, the seller name displayed as Tavas. The return address on the box also said Tavas. Because of all the negative product reviews, I wanted to order with a seller whose orders were fulfilled by Amazon.com so if the cables did turn out to be defective, the Amazon.com return policy would apply. I also decided to order four cables, just in case some were defective, I would have a better chance of getting one that works.



All four cables are new, 6 feet long, white (all what I ordered), and they sync AND charge just fine as far as I can tell. I tested all four cables on both an iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS.



All four cables were just a little tighter connecting to the iPhone data port than I'm used to, but as far as I'm concerned, that's a positive, not negative. It seems my phone is always falling off my nightstand and getting disconnected. Hopefully with a tighter connection, it will not get unplugged as easily.



It remains to be seen how long it takes to fully charge the phone from a nearly empty battery. Some reviews claim the phone appears to charge, but doesn't really, or charges sloooooowly. We shall see and I'll keep everyone posted.



And finally, I ordered using the Free SuperSaver Shipping and placed my order on Tuesday, March 8 at 10pm. By the next morning, my order had already shipped. The estimated delivery date was March 14-18, which would have been 6-10 calendar days. Much to my surprise, it arrived just 3 days later on March 11th! This has not been my experience with all Free SuperSaver Shipping offers, so I'm very happy to have received the cables so quickly. 6 Foot Long USB Data Sync Cable For iPod, iPhone 2G 3G 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod Touch 2nd 3rd 4th Generation iPod Nano 4th 5th 6th Gen All iPhone, iPod Models Compatible (White Color)

This cable arrived on my doorsteps faster than I promised, and I was excited. When I opened it, it was as long as promised, and looked to be exactly what I needed. I plugged in my ipod, and everything seemed fine. A few hours later, I noticed it was not charging. I unpluged it, and was still at half battery. It look a lot of wiggling for the cable to charge my ipod again. I tried a buddys iphone, with the same problem. Now, after about 2 days of ownership, no amount of wiggling seems to make it work.

I purchased this longer cable so I could talk on iPhone while keeping it charging but the cable doesn't work. I plug it in and I receive NO response from my iPhone. I tested cable with 2 other iPhones as well and it doesn't work! I tried AC adapter and 3 different PCs (USB ports). The cable is physically undamaged yet doesn't work.

I ordered this six-foot USB cable to use with my iPhone and iPad. The first picture on the amazon product page for this cable has what looks like a generic connector that you plug into the iPhone/iPad. That's the type of connector that looks bigger (fatter?) than the slimmer connector that you see on the current real Apple cables. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the cable that I actually received had the connector that was just like the ones you see on the more current real Apple cables. See the picture that I posted at the top of this product's amazon page for the cable that I received.



I bought this cable from amazon marketplace seller 'The OEM Shop' for under three dollars with free S&H. I received the cable very quickly in five days. I do NOT work for 'The OEM Shop' or for Amazon, but I mention the name of the seller because very few people seem to mention the name of the amazon marketplace seller who they bought a product from in their reviews. These cables are "generic" and it is often difficult to tell which seller sold the product that the buyer is either complaining about or praising in a product review. Also, a lot of buyers don't seem to realize that they can select a particular seller and not just take whoever is the seller who may be appearing as the "default" seller on an amazon product page. I don't know what determines who is the "default" seller, but I'm guessing that Amazon comes first if Amazon has the product in their warehouse(s), but if not, then maybe the other sellers are possibly rotated as the "default" seller on the page, and so on and so forth. Anyways, I think it is worth mentioning who is the particular amazon marketplace seller is in a review - especially if the product is generic like this cable and if there are a lot of sellers who are selling the product via the one single amazon product page.



Anyways, the cable that I bought is indeed a nice long six-foot cable. It looks like the real thing. And it was new. I was able to charge my iPhone and iPad by using this cable when connected to a charger plugged into the wall. And I was able to sync my iPhone and iPad with iTunes on my macbook. The cable was also able to charge my iPhone via the USB on my macbook. For my iPhone, I've tried charging with both a real official apple power adapter and also a generic power adapter - and both worked. (Of course, for my iPad, I had to use the 10w charger that came with my iPad because you can't use anything else when charging from an electrical outlet in the wall.) I will be using this nice long six-foot cable for whenever I want to charge my iPhone or iPad for like when I want to use my iPhone or iPad when I'm in bed or if I'm sitting elsewhere like at the kitchen table and if I want to save the battery for later. (I would be keeping the shorter original cable that came with my iPhone/iPad for use with my macbook for syncing the iPhone/iPad.) I'm happy with this purchase and with this cable.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Iphone Cable Iphone Cable Iphone Cable