Wednesday 27 April 2011

Squaretrade - warranty, extended warranty


The link to the actual product service contract (psw) was dead. I could not view the psw prior to purchase. Anytime someone selling me says "trust me" YET what is is writing does NOT match what they say then that is unacceptable. Discrepancies: 1) YOU must pay for shipping the item back; sure , they provide a so-called "free pre-paid shipping label" however, the value of the shipping is deducted from your settlement. 2) Did you ever plug your electrical item in to an outlet? Was that outlet surge protected? Are you ready for this... YOU may have to remove your surge protector and ship it to SQ for "inspection". So many exclusions that I'll just quote a few: "INTERMITTENT ISSUES ARE NOT CONSIDERED PRODUCT FAILURES". Failures related to "electrical supply" NOT covered!!! 3) "Although We maintain a record of Your Service Agreement purchase, You must have in YOUR possession a copy or Your Original purchase receipt in order to present a claim.



The last clause of the contract is titled "ENTIRE CONTRACT". In the event that the nice sales folks over at SQ Trade make any verbal assurances or even if they send you an "email clarification", the ENTIRE CONTRACT clause nullifies any verbal or email assurance which you may have received from a S-trade employee. This clause prohibits any of their employees from modifying the original service contract. The truth of the matter is that any service which SQ TR is providing at this point is repair or replacement that is "goodwill". In other words, they really are not obligated, by terms of your service contract, to provide repair or replacement in most any foreseeable failure scenarios. Why do you have to retain the original receipt if you have already submitted a copy? How readable will your original receipt be in three years? If we have learned anything since 2008 it is that the fine print DOES matter. Sooner, rather than later any of the provisions may be enforced to improve the bottom line. SquareTrade 3-Year Electronics Warranty ($350-400 Items)

Anybody who buys this based on the reviews should note that statistically, it is quite odd that there are only 5 star reviews and 1 star reviews. Furthermore.. 6 of the 5-star reviews were placed on April 10, 2009... (and another on April 9, 2009).



Very fishy...

Squaretrade offers the most affordable and dependable warranties of any company I have seen. Every electronic I purchase has a Squaretrade warranty. Although I have only made two claims since I started with Squaretrade I was pleasantly surprised that my claim was handled within days not weeks like other companies and I received a full refund for my product's purchase price, not some refurbished piece of junk. I would definitely recommend Squaretrade to anyone.

Square-trade has by far been the best warranty service I have ever owned. They live up to their word, and deliver ever time. I had to make 2 claims on a refurbished xbox 360, and both were incredibly easy. I was surprised. No fees, no questions. Just simply works. Would recommend for any product on the market. Best warranty service, period.

I purchased a refurbished HP Slimline Computer 12/08. SquareTrade advertised their warranty that was 1/3 the cost from HP, so I signed up. The motherboard went out within the first year. I discovered it only had a 90 day warranty so I called SquareTrade to discuss my problem. I was ready for the usual run around which I was sure would result in a statement about it not being covered. That was not the case at all. I spoke with a very polite lady who asked me a few questions and within 5 minutes they said they would reimburse me for my full purchase price. AND THEY DID!!!! What a surprise. A company that actually did what they said they would without any hassle or a hundred hoops to jump through. I just insured my new external drive with them and I will continue to insure anything I can with them. They stand behind their word and have an excellent price. Thank you SquareTrade.

My tablet PC simply would not turn on. After discussing the case and unsuccessfully attempting to fix the computer over the phone, I sent the product to the repair center who was also unable to fix the problem. Squaretrade refunded the cost of the item without and arguing or headache. I will definitely use them in the future.

Although I never do so, I purchased the 3 year Square Trade warranty which extends the televison warranty by two more years. Had to call Square Trade for clarification of something. Excellent customer service and fast fix of paperwork. No arguments and excellent follow up. Extremely happy with this transaction.

Peace of mind on electronics is really important. So much of the stuff we use just doesn't last and it costs more to fix than replace. I have used these warranties in the past and been glad to have them when something goes wrong. I know many "experts" say these, on the whole are not necessary, but I have had electronic devices fail 2 days after the manufacturer's warranty period and would have had to pay outrageous repair bills or buy a new one. The warranty repaired the device and, one of them is still running strong 5 years later. I think they are worth it; especially when we need things to last. - Warranty - Apple - Extended Warranty - Itouch'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • apple
  • ,
  • extended warranty
  • ,
  • warranty
  • ,
  • itouch