Thursday 28 April 2011

Powerbook G4 - macbook, macbook pro


If you are looking for a kit to use sparingly, then this one is perfect. I wanted to crack open my Macbook Pro 17'' and clean out some of the years of dust/etc. that has accumulated under the hood. The kit was perfect and I was able to screw down components and secure everything properly. This was perfect for what I needed it for, but I know that if I needed to use the kit everyday, then it would not be a high enough quality to last/be most efficient. Silverhill 15 Piece Tool Kit for Apple Products

I bought this item to do the upgrade to my MacBook Pro. I got the job done with this but the philips driver were so close to break while screwing in the screws (I didn't apply to much pressure) and the packaging was a very cheap plastic bag with some holes in it !!!



overall I successfully upgraded my MBP

I bought this set in order to upgrade my computer. The tools are of fair quality and got the job done. The plastic parts are a bit flimsy and there is no tool holder/bag etc. to keep them organized. But, for $10, I was not expecting fine precision everlasting tools any way. I gave them 4 stars because I was able to accomplish the task at hand.

I bought this tool kit at the same time I bought a new optical drive for my '06 era MacBook Pro. There's nothing unique about a size 0 philips screwdriver but what was important was having the right torx driver. The little plastic "crowbars" can also be handy when trying to pry the notebook computer open. I didn't need most the tools included for this particular job, however, it's nice to know I'll have what I need anytime I need to work on one of these MacBook type computers.

1st off, the packaging was terrible. It was packaged with $115 worth of Kingston 8GB laptop RAM, both loose in a box. Ordinarily this might not be an issue, however the tools are packaged in an unbelievably cheap & thin plastic bag, which allowed many of the tools to apparently punch holes in the thin bag & were therefore loose in the box upon arrival. I can't say whether or not this damaged the RAM, but regardless the RAM didn't work & I had to return it. As far as the tools themselves, I've only had the occasion to use a few of them, but the ones I used did work fine. My only other complaint is the "Micro SIM card adapter kit". If you need 1 of these, I advise you to look elsewhere. It consists of a a piece of paper that you are supposed to use as a guide to CUT your SIM card down to size until it fits into a larger piece of plastic. Um, no thanks. The instructions for this are even cheap looking. They're typed & crookedly cut out on cheap, thin paper. I guess you can't expect a whole lot for 12 bucks, but mostly the kit just comes across as rather low quality & cheap, although as I said, the few actual tools I have used (screwdrivers & plastic "pry-bars") worked well enough to enable me to remove the bottom housing & replace the RAM in my iCore 17" Aluminum Unibody MacBook Pro.

the screwdriver metal quality is not good.

there is no battery screwdriver for new Macbook Pro, models (from 2010 and earlier).

i purchase this order because i actually need a battery screwdriver, so for me this pack is not useful :((

Contains everything you need to take apart an iMac and put it back together, except a standard Phillips screwdrive (#2) required for the RAM cover, and a second suction cup would help in the screen removal. Otherwise great. Not super quality, but cheap and gets the job done. Combined with youtube videos talking you through the process, this makes an expensive and time consuming modification to an iMac easy and cheap, but could still invalidate a warranty so be careful!

Great Little Tools for cheap but would be much better if they were magnetic. Super hard to keep track of those little tiny screws. It would be much easier if the tools were magnetic to work with them!

I used it to change my broken iPhone 4 screen. Good quality tools. I magnetized them by sticking them on a magnet for a few minutes and they held the screws without dropping. Good set, I doubt I'll ever use it all, but nice to have... - Laptop - Macbook - Netbook - Macbook Pro'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • macbook
  • ,
  • netbook
  • ,
  • laptop
  • ,
  • macbook pro