Friday 29 April 2011

Wrap - gift idea, shawl


One reviewer mentioned that the quality of these items was "so so" for the price and I would have to agree. They are soft and comfortable to wear but are very thin and would only keep off a mild chill or cool breeze. It is great for a neck scarf or light wrap. The picture--to me--makes the wrap look very thick and the design looks well-delineated but that is not the case. The design IS woven in but it is "speckly" and not sharp. If you are accustomed to elegant, plush, Pashmina wraps this may prove disappointing. 70" x 28" Big Paisley Jacquard Double Layer Woven Pashmina Shawl / Wrap / Stole - Royal Blue

I purchased the purple and olive "Jacquard Double Layer Woven Pashmina Shawl/Wrap." These are fabulous, magnificent, well made, high quality, reversible, great color saturation (even the olive, which can be drab), beautifully woven design (not printed). Great weight for winter as a scarf (in office as a scarf/wrap), or in the summer as a wrap to keep the chill off. Fabric Has a very nice drape, and doesn't wrinkle easily. I highly recommend this beauty. I will definitely be back for more!!! I thank Saka's for bringing these to us.

Tacky, tacky, tacky. In the picture, the design is clear and set off from the background. The background color is a lovely shade of purple. In reality, the deign looks coarse. The background color is kind of muddy. There's a shiny gold thread through the design that seems to cheapen the whole look. Plus, the Pashmina/silk balance is more like 55/45, as compared to the 70/30 of other options. I returned it.

I ordered these for all 3 of my "moms" for Christmas and was only sorry that I didn't include one for myself. They are well made and stunning from both sides. They look and feel much more expensive than they were.

The shawl is beautiful and expensive-looking. I was proud to have ordered it as a gift for my sister. I was even prouder when I saw the identical shawl in an upscale gift shop marked $65.00, knowing that I had paid only $25.00.

I bought this to complement a dress I'm planning to wear for an evening event. The wrap is beautiful. I ordered the charcoal and it's a gorgeous deep slate color which makes the gold color 'pop'...It looks much more expensive than the $25 I paid for it! The only negative is that it is thin so even though the model shown looks like it will cover you, it won't keep you warm. - Gift Idea - Shawl - Pashmina Wrap - Pashmina Shawl'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information