Wednesday 27 April 2011

Keyboard Protection - keyboard protection


I like this. It does the job. My only complaint is that I do get some glare on it from my desk lamp. That's a bit annoying. It's also kind of wrinkled but I'm hopeing that will go away over time. I have cats that love to hang out with me at the 'puter' and this sure eliminates the cat hair problem. If anyone were to ask what the texture of the plastic is, I would have to say it's like a 'condom'....seriously!! You can't beat the price for the job that it does. Green Onions Supply RT-SC01 15 3/4-Inchx19 11/16-Inch Universal Keyboard Protector -1 Piece (Transparent)

I got this because I thought a thinner and more transparent protector might be nice, but it lasted less than half a year before developing little tears over several of the keys. I'm going back to the other brand I used previously which is a little harder to see through but practically indestructible, which I had to replace for other reasons not related to the quality of the product.

Honestly, this reminds me of a ladies shower cap that you used to get free in hotels. It is simply a large rectangular piece of plastic with elastic edges. You place if over your keyboard, tucking in the edges underneath it; don't expect it to be for fitted, or fit tightly in any way. The one I received for my Dell keyboard is quite large and covers it very loosely, leaving the plastic baggy over the keys themselves. I guess this is supposed to make it possible for you to type with it on without poking a hole in it. Not quite sure.



It will serve its purpose in keeping my cat's hair off and out of my keyboard, but it is going to take some getting used to typing with it on; something I need to do as my cat is always next to me as I work.



But if astronauts and surgeons can get used to wearing oversized gloves to perform intricate tasks via computer images, I imagine I'll get used to this cover.



I can't say it's bad, it's just not quite what I had expected, even after reading the item description before purchasing it.

When I bought this, I was expecting a keyboard cover, not a plastic bag. They have a coarse, slimy texture and a horrible smell, and are distinctly thin -- I don't imagine they would hold up well at all under any sort of meaningful use. I had bought two of these things, one for home and one for the office, and threw them both away -- not a waste of too much money, but still a waste. - Keyboard Protection'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • keyboard protection