Monday 25 April 2011

Kitchen Electronics - small appliances, hamilton beach


There are two types of people I feel sorry for. The one type are the people who give this product a negative review because they can't follow some simple instructions, and the other being the people who will be put off buying this blender because of the first. I have been using this device a lot for a while now and the bottom line is that it works great. Just as with anything else, as long as you take care of it properly then it will last a while. The whole thing is extremely easy to put together and take apart. I was able to figure it out with common sense and not even reading the directions the first time I put it together. I later went back and read the instructions to confirm what I had already figured out. I have blended using both the cups and the big blender jar and I am proud to report that it has fully blended all of my fresh AND frozen fruit until totally smooth with no big chunks of fruit. As a lesson to the other negative reviewers here are a few common sense points I have put together for you and others that may have problems. #1 - A blender is supposed to be loud (in case you have never used one before) #2 - If you are blending a smoothie, the more you blend/pulse the smoother it will be! If you only blend for 10 seconds then you will have a lot of chunks of fruit. There's a reason why most if not all of the smoothie recipes tell you to add liquid as well. I RARELY write reviews on amazon but I felt compelled to after reading the ridiculous negative reviews of this blender. Enjoy! Hamilton Beach 52147H Dual Wave Versatile Blender, Silver

As with any kitchen appliance... you must know how to properly operate it to give a fair evaluation. I couldn't undertand how people reported having "chunks" that could not blend. Sad to say...I now realize that most of the poor reviews were from people who don't know how to properly make a smoothie...



I purchased this blender for a 4th of July outdoor event where I sold smoothies to the public.... I sold 230 ea. (20 oz.) during the day. This machine worked perfectly... blended smooth, powerful, 80 oz. capacity pitcher is a huge bonus for parties but can also blend single 20 oz portions without a problem.



BIGGEST ADVANTAGE.....

NO AIR GAP !!! Most blenders create an "air bubble" when blending...Some Smoothie machines have a "Wand" that helps you stir while blending, to keep from the Air Gap from happening.... The Twin Blade system creates a smooth distribution of liquid and keeps the mixture moving.... This is a definite advantage over a single blade smoothie...



I love this machine... Was actually very inexpensive compared to a commercial blender I was considering for my event. On July 5th... I purchased one for my home !!!



As a professional chef, I would highly recommend this blender...

Chef John

I dont know what everyone is complaining about, this is the best dang thing I've purchased in a long time! I use it only for smoothies. I bought it because it has dual blades, dual chambers, separate cups - but you can do 2 cups at a time if you wish. The whole process to make my protein smoothie takes all of 3 minutes. I am 9 1/2 months pregnant, and trust me, if it were difficult to use, I wouldn't use it! The cleanup is amazingly simple. I just rinse the removable blade in hot water and replace. I simply rinse the cups and caps the same way, and it's ready for tomorrow. I make my smoothies with frozen and fresh fruit, juice and protein powder. I think the people who say it doesn't work well dont make smoothies correctly - you need a liquid in order for the ice or frozen pieces to rotate around the blades - this is true for even the very best blenders. If youa re like me and want a smoothie daily, with minimal work, mess or clean up, and only want to use a small bit of counter space... It's PERFECT!

I didn't buy this from Amazon. I am happy with how it works. I haven't used the large size one, but the smaller smoothie cup sizes and convenient and do the job. It blends everything pretty well, fits a large/wide sized straw in the little drinking hole, and fits in the cup holder of my car. I've used it several times now and have not had any problems.

Cant imagine someone complaining about the noise. Its normal and works great. Best blender ive ever had. My wife Karen loves it for smoothies, and also rates it good. Easy to put together, and built well. I also like the fact that you can push the cord up inside it, so you dont have extra cord on the counter. signed Oregon Couple

I've owned the Dual Wave blender for over 18 months now. I use the small containers to make individual smoothies. The larger container gets a workout making malts for the whole family once a week. It's large enough that I only have to make one container full. Other blenders don't hold as much and I'd have to make 2. I had the Magic Bullet before this and the motor burned up within a year. This unit is still going strong after a year and it gets used on a daily basis. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again.

I don't usually write reviews for products, but I felt compelled to do so after seeing the relatively low star rating.



I think this is a great blender. It pureed a soup with whole tomatoes quickly and beautifully, and also made great smoothies. It blends ice wonderfully; it does a much better job than my old blender.



The option of using either the large canister or the individual canisters is convenient.



I also love the cord storage, although I must note that it's a bit difficult to push the cord back into the cord storage. (It works, but it would be nicer if the cord rolled up into the body of the blender with less effort).

We are a two chef household and never without the latest kitchen gadget. We've had this about a year now and I think it has both advantages and disadvantages.



We bought it primarily for making smoothies and for that it served its purpose well for a long time. I found that it blended them smoothly and was convenient if you wished to just to one at a time or do two different flavors. While the cups didn't hold up longer than a year, I still found this to be a great advantage while we had it.



The only thing that has stopped me from replacing the cups and not buying this again is that we do also like to use a regular blender for certain things as well like margaritas during a party, soups, etc. The problem is that when you replace the two smoothie cups with the larger capacity one unit blender function it shows you why most blenders only have one blade at the bottom...it just doesn't work well for one large batch. The food or drink or ice cant go down to the bottom blade (as there are two blades on each side) so if caught in between the two it just won't mix well. Then we had lots of leaks from the spigot and the only way to pour it out easily is from that easily and sometimes you just need to pick up the blender cup and pour which you can't do from the spigot.



So, while we've enjoyed our smoothies for a year, it's time to replace it with a regular ol blender. For us, for it's multiple uses, it just was a better match and has less parts to keep up with and this takes up quite a bit of room in the cabinet with all the parts when I could just pour from a regular blender into a cup.



That said, if you only make smoothies? It will mix them well in the small cups...just be aware you may need to do some frequent replacement of the cup parts in which case buying a delux blender could pan out cheaper in the long run... - Hamilton Beach - Smoothie Maker - Smoothie - Small Appliances'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information