Tuesday 26 April 2011

Pc To Tv Adapter - pc vga to tv converter, converter


This is a terrific laptop-to-tv adapter. The composite video output enabled me to connect to older and newer TV's while staying at several different hotels on a recent trip. I heartily recommend this adapter for travellers who want to connect laptops to a variety of TV's. Sewell PC to TV (VGA to RCA) Converter w/ All-in-One Cable

Easily view streaming movies from my laptop (the reason I got it). Small font's can be a little difficult to read. Perfect compromise between picture quality and price. I love the cable setup; easy to manage. I'd buy it again!

This product works really well. Does it exactly what you expect it to, going from your VGA and headphones ports right into your TV. And what's more, all the cables are attached in a clean bundle. Most of the other products out there don't do sound. The Sewell does. I haven't had to mess with the controls on the box itself because it looked so good the first time. All I needed was to reboot my computer and change the resolution. I highly recommend!

I own a 32" Sony WEGA and I am delaying the need to switch to an LCD screen as long as possible. I was looking for a solution that will

1. Not require a monthly fee for a DVR (think Tivo, $12-$15 a month)

2. Not limit the websites I can watch shows from(think Roku or Apple TV) Roku only allows you to watch from a few websites like Hulu Plus, Amazon VOD etc. Apple TV likewise has limited sites you can view shows from.



Sewell PC to TV VGA was the best solution I had found.



Here is why:

I follow several TV shows like Private Practice, Greys Anatomy, The Mentalist, HGTV's Property Virgins etc. I was choosing between buying Tivo, Roku, or Apple TV to be able to watch these shows on my TV. Tivo was the best solution but it charged a monthly fee (12-15) and required a down payment. The other possible choices were Roku and Apple TV. For Roku, you have to watch the TV episodes on certain websites like Hulu Plus, Youtube, Amazon Video On Demand etc. The problem with some of these sites is they are not always updated with the latest episodes of the shows I watch. If you want the latest episodes, you have to pay a monthly fee of 7.99 a month on Hulu Plus! Some shows in Hulu are not very up to date as well. For example, on Saturday, I tried to watch the latest episode of Private Practice (which was aired three days before), but Hulu says the episode is coming soon. I have not tried Apple TV, but I have heard about shows limited to the ones available in the Itunes Store. Do correct me if I am wrong.



With Sewell PC to TV VGA, I can simply go onto the various TV network websites, and watch the latest episodes from there for free. If I want to go to Amazon or Netflix, I can still do so. I have the option of going to any website I want.

Note, however, the picture quality not the same level as cable TV (brightly lit scenes can appear very saturated in the background). The color and lighting settings are adjustable, and you have to tinker around to make sure the settings are optimized for viewing on your TV (took me 5-10 minutes to adjust the settings). Overall, unlimited website options, a decent viewing quality and the lack of a monthly subscription fee made this product the best choice for me.

I purchased the PC to TV converter expecting to stream movies from the Web. It does that quite well!



Did have an issue initially as the VGA pass through left the monitor some what dark. I contact Sewell support and they offered to replace the unit no problem. I decided I would rather use my work around instead. I had a VGA splitter cable and just paralleled the display - problem solved.



Since, then I picked up a dual display video card and use one port for the PC to TV Converter and the other to drive my monitor directly. Works like a champ!



I use the VGA to composite video output with my 52in rear projection TV 15ft away still works great. And while it's not HD I can still read the text displayed on the screen. Adjusting the Color/Brightness/Contrast/Saturation is not easy. Controls are fine it may well be the operator! and I have found that some movies lack contrast and brightness. I don't think it's due to the converter. More likely the pirated movies found on the net!



For the price, coupling your PC to your TV gives some great entertainment!! With a DSL connection with at least 1.5 meg sustained download speed you get streaming video on demand!

When I went into Best Buy, I was told a box like this didn't exist. I was skeptical when I saw it was only $30, but I went for it and let me tell you it was worth it. The focus controls are completely useless because the first time I plugged it in, it looked great on the screen. While competitors claim to do the same thing, most don't have sound and don't have the S-Video option which I find very convenient.



Pros:

- Decent sound quality for the price

- Works on pretty much all TVs

- Cables are bundled in a very portable way



Cons:

- Text is very hard to read, but that's what the focus button is for. However, I wouldn't try to read email with it.



Overall a great product that I would buy again and again. - Pc - Converter - Pc To Tv Adapter - Pc Vga To Tv Converter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information