Tuesday 26 April 2011

Extension Cable - data cables, droid charger


I guess you really do get what you pay for! Not only was I charged double for shipping when both cables were shipped in the same package, but not one but both cables stopped working after a little over a week of use! One actually came apart in my hands when I went to unplug it from my phone. USB 2.0 Cable, Type A Male to Micro USB Male Cable (10 Feet)

I wanted an extra charger for work so I tried to be cheap and get something inexpensive. While I CAN use this to charge my phone (Moto Droid) sometimes, I can never get a good enough connection to transfer files with it. I ended up going to Radio Shack and spending more for one that I knew would work. Spend a few more bucks and get a better quality one.

Got this for my Nexus One. The connection (both power and data) is pretty finicky. I tried the cable on multiple machines on every USB port and had the same result. The cord that came with the Nexus has no problems. For $1.82 I guess you can't expect too much.

I was wanting to use these cables to connect my Sprint EVO phone to the computer USB port, or charge using the USB power adapter. These cables won't stay connected. Physically, they stayed plugged in, but the computer wouldn't see the EVO, and the EVO's charge indicator (which starts charging when connected to a USB port) kept turning off, indicating no power was being detected. Tried multiple different PC's and USB power adapters. My other cables work fine, but the 2 of these cables I ordered failed. Too expensive shipping to return, for the small amount of net refund I'd get for the purchase price. Guess I'll learn not to buy any more GTMax products. Not the first time that brand has failed me.

This micro USB cable worked great for desktop charging and data transfer my Motorola droid (A855 model). The cable was long enough to reach to my PC on the floor, allowing me to keep the cable nicely hidden at my desk all the time. The cable itself is pretty thin (not as nice as the OEM cable), but just fine as a permanent backup cable. The cable also fits other micro USB phones in our family (LG enV 3 and Motorola Adventure V750. Cable measured about 118" (just under 10 foot long).



Very good value for what I needed.

Good cable much better than the one i previously bought for 30 bucks.

Even better price.

Wasnt expecting too much. Just needed a temporary cheap cable until i was ready to buy a high quality expensive one but i no longer see the need for the expensive one

My Droid X came with a little short 3' cable for the USB wall charger. It was a bit too short. I decided to look for a 6' cable but most were expensive. Came across this low cost 10' cable and decided to try it. A little longer than I needed but it works great. I can plug the phone in and sit farther away from the plug and still use the phone. I took the short wire and use it on my desk top to upload pictures from the phone. - Droid - Data Cables - Droid Charger - Usb Cable'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information