Sunday 24 April 2011

Contemporary Romance - bundle, women sleuths


I thought these would be fun, but between the bad grammar, the typos, and the totally ditsy "heroine" I was really put off. She lies, cheats, doesn't have an ounce of sense in her head. I kept thinking that they'd get better, but unfortunately, at least for me, they were a total waste of time and money. High Heels Mysteries Boxed Set (Books 1-5)

all were a fun read. i enjojed the characters and the plots. typos were a problem. the typos would have never passed through an automatic spellcheck. i felt whoever oked the printing didn't care and was sloppy.

I've been a Gemma Halliday fan for years. How exciting to get a full box set of all the High Heels mysteries! If you like Stephanie Plum, you'll love Maddie Springer. Light, funny, and romantic, with perfect whodunnit twists.

I bought these on kindle because of the price (publishers note this remark.) These books were not bad. They had a sense of fun and a bit of slapstick. You kind of have to join the author's world which is not quite the real world, but that's ok as the author does seem to live within the rules of that world. I only read 3 (or maybe 2.5) because they did get a bit trite. This is not high literature, but a fun bit of fluff. Some bits get tiresome (how often can the heroine and her boyfriend fight before it becomes and obviously dysfunctional relationship that we all know really shouldn't be...)



I plan on reading the rest in the future. I just couldn't do them all back-to-back.

This set was great! I agree with other reviewers about the typos, but you get over it quickly. If you like reading Janet Evanovich and the Plum series you'll like reading this. The character on this reminds me of Stephanie Plum and is quite humorous.

i started reading them not even a week ago and i'm almost done reading all five, I haven't been able to put the books down. There's a lot of humor in it, plus i love the romance side of it, plus the character's are great, i'm in love with the character of the leading man, can't wait to see if they actually end up together! - Comedy - Good Price - Bundle - Women Sleuths'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information