Friday 29 April 2011

Rechargeable Flashlights - rechargeable batteries, mag lite


The Maglite rechargable flashlite is one of the finist flashlights available. It's no wonder Police, Fire, Rescue, Home Inspectors, etc use this light. It's 30,000 lumen light is so bright that you can see it even on a sunny day. It's equally impressive at night also. That said, the batteries only last between two and seven years depending on use. With daily use as a home inspector they usually lasted two to two and half years with daily recharging. Since getting out of that business five years ago I've used the flashlite like most families, ocasionally as needed and when my grand children liked to remind me how bright they are. They too were quite impressed with them. Let me tell you - you get used to not having to replace batteries in your flashlite. But like all things; nothing last forever. But recently I finally tired of having one dim flash light that needed regular recharging ( I own three ). I asked my wife who's always out and about to stop by a national tool and electric franchise to pick me up a replacement battery. Fortunetly the sales clerk couldn't figure out which battery was correct and when she got home and reminded me how much they charge for em I said "well let's look on line". Good thing cause Amazon sells them for half as much. When I pulled my old battery I saw that I had wriitten the purchase date of Aug 03 on it. So there you have it. I used that light for two years professionally and four and half years as Harry Home Owner. So, are they worth it? you betcha. If you want to buy one flashlight that will serve you for likely the rest of your life, buy a Maglite rechargable and note the date of purchase on the battery. It's nice to be reminded years later how long it worked. Good luck. d Maglite ARXX235 NiHM Replacement Flashlight Battery

Although I have recently received this product, I anticipate no problems. I had bought a Nickel Cadmium replacement battery for my Mag rechargeable flashlight earlier last year. Since then, I have acquired another flashlight (needing a replacement battery) identical to this one, so I swapped the NiCd battery to the new light, and replaced my original light with the NiMH battery. So far, no issues. It has held a good charge so far, but I really haven't used it long enough to deplete it. So time will tell to prove the NiMH vs. the NiCd as being a better value for the money, but so far, so good.

I was pleasantly surprised when I went to order a new maglite battery for my rechargable and I now see the battery is not ni-cad but NiHM. It was about time! Serisouly. I love this new battery. Lasts longer and it seems just a tad brighter for the full battery lifespan between charges. I highly recommend this.

This battery fits my flashlight perfectly. I was glad to see this replacement available, as it should last a lot longer than my old battery. The price through Amazon was much better than through other merchants.

Seems to put out a "brighter" light than my old battery, but it should-right? The real test will be after a few years. Wish I had dated my old battery but I think it lasted 5 years or longer. I put the date installed on this battery with a "sharpie". I expect it to last at least as long as the old one. - Mag Lite - Flashlight - Rechargeable Batteries - Battery Packs'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • mag lite
  • ,
  • rechargeable batteries
  • ,
  • flashlight
  • ,
  • battery packs