Monday 25 April 2011

Pull-up Bar - chin-up, pull ups


This chin up bar is good because it can be used for chin ups. This chin up bar is awesome because of a few little features that are genius.



1 - The bar extends from both ends so you can keep the hand grips centered so you'll never have one hand on one piece of pipe and the other on a smaller piece of pipe (which I find really annoying). You could also intentionally offset the center bar if you wanted for some reason.



2 - The way the bar extends is like a turnbuckle where one side unscrews turning clockwise and the other counter-clockwise. This means you can get really good tension on the bar easily.



3 - It can be mounted with the big steel cups that encompass the outside of the end caps on the bar or can be mounted using small plastic inserts. Mine didn't come with mounting instructions so maybe you're supposed to use both but I just used the plastic inserts and it works fine (I'm 165 lbs). If you're using the plastic inserts I recommend you pre-drill a pilot hole and do the final tightening by hand to reduce the chance of cracking the plastic.



I'm super happy with this bar and would recommend it because it does what it's supposed to very well and it was designed in a very user friendly way. Remember to keep it tight, yo.



Minimum door width using metal cups: 25.875"

Minimum door width using plastic inserts: 25.5"

The maximum distance the hand grips can be apart is about 18.5" on center. The grips are just over 4" wide. Sunny Health & Fitness Door Way Chin Up

This chin up bar works good. I'm 160 lbs and I haven't had any problems with it. I also have an Iron Gym but my door frame doesn't have a top edge for the crossbar to rest on, so I can't mount it (it works good for push ups though). The Sunny Health bar fits in my door frame and I can still close my door (another bar I bought locally had square brackets and I couldn't close my door with them installed--other reviews about chin up bars with square ends on amazon also talk about this as a problem). This chin up bar has circular ends and doesn't rely solely on it's brackets to keep it in place (which is good because it didn't quite fit either and I could only put in 2 of the 3 bracket screws in on each side). In addition this bar extends on BOTH SIDES to apply pressure to your door frame, which helps to keep it in place and keeps the grips centered--unlike most other bars that only adjust on one side, leaving the grips off center. It also doesn't move/turn when you're using it or after you've used it. It stays in place good and I haven't had to readjust anything. The only thing about this bar is that the screws that came with it are cheap/stripped, (they were also a little too long for my door frame...)--but that can be fixed by a quick trip to the hardware store and about $1 for new screws.

There's really not to much to review with this product. It's a chin up bar. It installs easily and it holds me up. Enough said. I use it 3 times a week. I weigh 175lbs., and it's quite durable, so it will probably last a very long time. I thoroughly recommend it.

Excellent pull up bar. No tools, screws necessary. Just place in doorway frame and twist until tightened. I was nervous at first and thought this would not work, but I twisted the bar until I could not twist it anymore. I am approximately 200lbs and can do 10 straight pull ups on this pull up bar. I do 70 pull ups every morning on this bar and so far no issues at all. Very strong and sturdy.

While I did manage to nearly break my back falling on this thing when it came loose, I wont let that interfere with my review.



The bar is built solid, durable thick metal, the grips are very nice on the hands.



CON:

If your not paying attention, you can accidentally twist the bar while pulling up which will cause the bar to slip from the door frame, which is what happened to me. I am a very tall man and I need to do horizontal pull ups with my feet on an object (usually a chair or the bathroom sink) so this kind of bar is not the best thing for me.



But for those of you who are horizontally challenged, this bar is 100% perfect.



I strongly suggest it

I screwed in the frame mounts for safety, and I like how easy it is to mount the bar and take it off when finished, however the bar spins easily while exercising.



Depending on which way it was facing when you put it on, it might either become loose after a few sets of pull-ups, or it might add pressure to the door frame which makes me a little worried about breaking the frame. Not a big problem if you pay attention to it and adjust it after each set, or just be careful not to rotate it in the first place when you start your set.



I also like how the bar adjusts from both ends, which means that the pads for your hands will be symmetrical unlike with some other pull-up bars. - Pull Ups - Pull Up Bar - Chin-up - Pull-up Bar'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information