Wednesday 27 April 2011

Mir Weighted Vest


Loved this product the second I had it out of the container. I use it solely for walking at this point, but look forward to incorporating it into my strength and interval workouts as well. Comfortable fit, durable, adjustable weights (which are included!)and a sweet take-no-crap kevlar look. Three small shortcomings to be aware of: I practice bagua circle walking and it's a little difficult to raise my arms directly in front of my body while wearing the vest(overhead pressing is definitely possible, but also a bit unnatural; I've been walking around with half the load (20 lbs) and wearing it high looked sort of ridiculous under a jacket, even boxlike. I alleviated this by loading the weights into the lower containers, thereby giving a more natural appearance. Still, when I've worked up to 40 lbs., the same problem will arise. But hey, I'm seeking excellent conditioning here, not a reproductive partner; there's pretty much no way you could wear this openly in public without giving off the strong odors of swat team/bank robber. Social stigmas aside, this vest satisfies all the needs I had for workouts and will continue to do so for years. It's definitely sturdily made, and the removable loop and velcro waistband could feasibly accommodate many body sizes. What more could I ask for in a piece of exercise equipment? (Weekly Special Sale - 50% Off/5 Days Only !) NEW! ZFO-40LBS Adjustable Weighted Vest (WEIGHTS INCLUDED.One size fits all.)

After adjusting the size to my liking, I was very pleased with this piece of equipment. I never felt that the vest was going to come off nor did it ever shift on my body, which would cause balance and comfort issues. I wouldn't go so far was to say the vest was uncomfortable but you can definitely feel the additional weight in the neck/shoulder area. It helps to have a partner strap you in the first time so you can get a good snug fit. Overall, I would recommend this piece of equipment.

Got my vest on time on 2/28/2011, started with 10lbs and have worked up to 20lbs in just 2 weeks. I ran my usual 4 to 5 miles without the vest just today, and I killed it! My running has improved so much, I run much faster and I am lighter on my feet. This is awesome to do push ups in and abs. I think this is an amazing product and pretty much been suggesting it to all my rugby teammates. I totally recommend this product if you want to get a harder workout and/or lose weight.

I have had my vest for 1 week and used it for plyometrics, core, and gate training. This product more than met my expectations. The weights are 2.5 pounds each and easily changed out to adjust weight. The vest is easily adjustible and fits me well. I am a medium build 6' 190lb male and the vest could go smaller but the velcro will start to over lap and the sholder adjustments will have lots of excess. Bottom line, 1 week and I am already seeing results. Any comparable vest costs significaantly more.

This is a nice weighted vest. If you want to add some some exercise to your daily life, or beef up your existing workout, this will do the trick. Is the vest perfect? No, here's why. The instructions that come with the vest have tiny pictures and a really unclear way of describing how to assemble and adjust the straps that secure this vest to your body. A weight vest should be easy to get on and off, but this one is not. It has two straps, 2 velcro mini straps with rings and a loop system that is overly complex. Just two straps with large velcro attachments in the front, or plastic mini clips on the side to secure this vest would be much more preferable to clunky mechanism of this one. After you figure it out it does come on and off easily. If I had to do this purchase over again, I'd look at one of the vests that have a less demanding set up process and a more user friendly strap assembly.

Great Vest and worth the money. The vest is very durable and sturdy. I've done a lot of working out with this vest and can say that Im very satisfied. The shipping was quick, however, it came in two different shipments. Adjusting the weight is simple and quick. It comes with 2 chest straps that are flexible and allow you to breath comfortably while running. Keep in mind that the more weights you have on the more pressure on your shoulders and chest.

This is a great vest for exercising BUT it came with no instructions on how to put it together. It took me awhile to figure it out and I even had to do google searches to figure it out. If you want the instructions, you can find it here: [...]

While you wouldnt think that instructions would be needed for such a simple peice of equipment, since the straps that go around the midsection are velcro and have three different loops it would have been nice to have a diagram of how to set these up. Better yet, it would have been nice if these straps were sewn onto the vest. Other than that the vest is well built and seems sturdy, but I have dealt with other vests that weigh just as much but are much smaller length-wise, which makes it easier to do certain movements while wearing one.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Mir Weighted Vest Mir Weighted Vest Mir Weighted Vest