Tuesday 26 April 2011

Lcd Hdtv - 120hz, 1080p lcd hdtv


I have had my Samsung TV for about a month now and I absolutely love it! I ordered it from amazon.com and when it arrived, the delivery men set it up for me! I did a lot of homework prior to choosing a TV to buy, and Samsung always had the best ratings and reviews, but they were consistently higher priced. This Samsung is not only affordable, ($50 more than the Vizio I was looking at buying,) it has so many more features (as well as much better specs,) than the other TV's in it's price range. It is, in my opinion, the best LCD flat panel TV buy in this price range. The sound and color are amazing. It looks attractive and is very user-friendly. The features are endless on this TV as well! You can adjust any of the features to suit your tastes and needs. This is my first flat-panel TV and I have had no problems or complaints so far. I would definitely recommend this TV over all others in this price range. Samsung LN37C530 37-Inch 1080p 60 Hz LCD HDTV (Black)

I got this TV a few weeks ago. Very pleased with the number of ports (we used to have an old CRT with just ONE component input, so we got used to switching cables all the time). We don't have HD cable yet, but man this TV upscales very nicely, I was very afraid that standard def TV would look like crap. But yea, when using my PS3 it looks absolutely amazing. I was also worried about 60Hz, I almost wanted to move up the 120Hz but as a casual user, I don't think I'd even notice the difference.



The USB port on the side is very handy, and supports a surprising number of file formats! Not quite VLC, but way more than I'd expect to be built into a TV. We keep an external HDD hooked up to the side and keep all our media on it, it's like a built in media center!



For the price, it's definitely the best TV out there.

I needed an HDTV to put inside a cabinet with 35.5" width. Of the 37" HDTVs, only a few will fit, and this is one of them. I started with the VIZIO E371VA but it had some serious shortcomings (spontaneous power cycles, poor audio/video synchronization, and slow channel tuning) which could not be resolved so I had to return it. It did have a beautiful picture. Then I got the Samsung LN37C530 which I think is a great overall HTDV. Having the two has given me an opportunity to compare the sets on a pretty detailed basis.

The Vizio always seemed to have an excellent picture, it never once occurred to me to change the settings. When I got the Samsung, I felt I immediately had to change the settings, in particular reducing the contrast. Picture quality can be highly subjective (and in my case even psychological) and I don't claim to be an expert. I still feel like the Vizio was markedly better, but I have become used to the Samsung and it's fine. The refresh on the Vizio was 120Hz vs. 60 Hz for the Samsung. I don't watch sports, but the stock ticker going by does seem less sharp. Again, this could be subjective; I wasn't able to hook them up side-by-side. I haven't hooked up a blu-ray yet which would be the important issue.

The Vizio took a long time to tune stations and had no program guide. The Samsung tunes very quickly and has a program guide (my one gripe is that it doesn't display the next show by default and requires button pushes to do so). For me, this usability issue trumps everything else! From the same antenna hookup, the Vizio did a markedly better job of tuning in stations and displayed them with fewer errors. I did not expect this.

I would say the Samsung remote is poorly designed. It is hard to navigate in the dark. For example the up/down/right/left/OK cluster has no tactile differentiation and is difficult to identify without looking. Many will say "who cares?" but if you use it in a dark room it's an issue.

Some have complained that there aren't individual input buttons on the remote. There is, however, an "HDMI" button that allows me to cycle between cable (HDMI) and tuner with one push.

Overall, I'm very happy with the Samsung LN37C530.

I purchased the Samsung LN37C530 Hi-def LCD television to replace a Sharp Aquos that was damaged by nearby lightening. The picture on the samsung is almost as good as the Sharp which is saying a lot as the Sharp was the best I have owned. The Samsung sound and speaker voulme is far superior to the Sharp and the time changeing stations and navigating the Directv menus is about twice as fast. The only thing I don't like about the Samsung is the lcd screen cover extends past the frame on the bottom and will be more fragile.

One other tip is to buy a surge protector with two input and output ports for the coax cables from the dish if you have a dvr.

I recently purchased this Samsung TV and I absolutely love it. I did a TON of research beforehand and finally decided that this was the best deal for the price. After watching the TV for several days, I couldn't be happier with my choice. The picture quality is outstanding and the sound is great too (I use the TV speakers not a home theater system).



The only thing I was worried about was the fact that it was only 60hz but so far it hasn't been an issue at all. I've watched some of the NBA Finals games and FIFA World Cup games in HD and the picture quality is unbelievable. I also hooked up my Xbox 360 with an HDMI cable and the games look great in 1080p.



Also, the size of the TV is ideal. I use this TV in my room and I debated on going for the smaller 32 inch but I'm happy I stuck with this one. Anything smaller would have seemed too small and anything larger would have been too big.



Overall, this is an excellent LCD TV. The picture looks amazing and it's reasonably priced.

I bought this on Amazon weeks ago. First of all delivery was very good, and I appreciate that they did a basic set up and test. Also, we have a small space for our TV and 37in was perfect. I've notice that there's not that many 37in HDTV's to choose from so was very happy that we could get a Samsung in this size.



The Price on Amazon: It's even lower than when I bought, something tells me Amazon is getting ready to close out on this model,so I wouldn't wait long if you're ready to buy. I compared price with stores in my area and they couldn't compete.



Picture Quality: I looked at 120hz Samsung's plus other 120hz brands of HDTV's. I wanted to compare motion blur and picture quality. I couldn't see any difference, and decided it wasn't worth the extra cost. I've been watching a lot of sports on this TV and the picture quality is outstanding. It's as if I'm there in person. This is my first HDTV,however,I've been looking at them for years at stores and finally decided it was time to get one. I checked this model for motion blur for football, Nascar, basketball, didn't notice any. Also, I soon realized that I needed a blu ray player,so I bought a Blu Ray Panasonic dmp bd 85- good reviews on amazon, and it's great with this TV. Blu ray DVD's and non blu ray dvd's look fantastic.



Sound Quality: You can put this TV in surround sound mode. It won't be as good an actual surround sound system, but if you're not into having speakers put up in your room and sound isn't a big deal for you, then you'll be pleasantly surprised at the quality of the speakers on this TV. I use our surround sound speakers for movies, and combine with the surround sound mode on this TV, about 50% volume and to me it's as if I have a couple more speakers, the effect is a better surround sound experience. Of course, this is subjective, some may not agree that this is proper use of TV speakers with a surround sound speaker system, I have 5.1- however it works for me. Also for sporting events I find I don't really care about turning on my surround sound speakers, the TV puts out a surround sound experience that's just fine as far as I'm concerned.



In closing I have to say, I can't remember the last time I bought a product that I've been so happy with. TV viewing is now an absolute pleasure. - 1080p - 120hz - Samsung Lcd - 1080p Lcd Hdtv'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information