Friday 29 April 2011

Corded Phones - caller id, 1-line corded phones


As a basic, one-line, corded phone, this is adequate. The sound quality is good, and the instruction booklet is well written. But the keypad has an annoyingly stiff touch, and the caller ID screen is not easy to read in most kinds of light. The instructions say it needs three new alkaline batteries every six months; in my experience, it's every two months. Panasonic KX-TSC11B Corded Phone with Caller ID (Black)

Good solid product. Functions well. Great for power outages, since it doesn't need to be plugged into an AC outlet (Battery powered). The only drawback was the unlit display (can't see in dim light or darkness). A longer handset cord would be nice too.

Like most people I wanted an alternative to cordless phones in case of an emergency. The Panasonic KX-TSC11B more than meets my basic needs.



My basic requirements for a corded phone are that it:

* must be black - this phone is black (except for the cord, which is sort of a dark gray)

* must have Caller ID - this phone has Caller ID (the name flashes first, then the number, and if you don't pick up off of this phone it will say "missed call" and include the name/number)

* must be DSL wall compatible - this was one of my main requirements as I have a DSL wall filter and if you're like me you have found that very few phones fit nicely on the wall with a DSL filter, but this one includes a wall adapter and fits in very snugly

* the ringer must be able to be turned off - this has a side button that will allow me to either turn off the ringer or lower it.



Overall this is a fantastic phone. Panasonic makes durable phones that last for years and years. My only complaint is the extension cord. First of all it wasn't black, and second of all it was grossly long (there is no way it would have fit on my wall with my DSL filter) so I had to replace it with a tiny black extension cord.



BTW if you're looking for a set of high-quality cordless phones at a great price, check these out.



Remember, you are what you buy.

I bought this as an office phone. I've got an answering machine and a cell phone, but I needed an additional phone to be by the computer in my upstairs office and I wanted a caller I.D. home phone so I could know who is on the other end because I get 10-20 calls each day plus over 100 emails. I can see who is calling without holding a receiver up to my ear.



I was convinced to buy this phone by the price and features. I like the black color because it doesn't get dirty like the white or light grey phones. You don't see it, but there is always a layer of dust on your keyboard. It transfers easily. I am so busy I don't have time to clean my office very often, and my materials are so sensitive that I do not trust an ordinary cleaning agency to come out.



I've only had this phone for a few days, but I can say that it is attractive and seems to be built well. I called my Mom and she said the sound was crystal clear. My sister said the same thing. I called my exgirlfriend too, and she liked it. I heard them just fine as the speaker is great. I could go on about this phone...it is so cool. For the same price of one meal out on the town you can get this phone.

This is a decent corded phone with good sound quality. We bought it for use as a wall phone, and the construction doesn't really warrant that use. It can hang on the wall but doesn't look great. Also, the caller ID screen is very dark and difficult to read. But, as I said, for the cost, it's a decent phone without the bells and whistles you sometimes don't want but get stuck having to get. - Corded Speakerphone - Caller Id - Good Quality - 1-line Corded Phones'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information