Tuesday 26 April 2011

Hdmi To Dvi - dvi, cables


I wanted to output my video (TV shows, streaming web video, etc.) to my HDTV. This cable outputs the video from the DVI port on my MacBook Pro to the TV HDMI input.



Works perfectly and reproduces color better than the computer monitor.



Note: DVI does not carry a sound signal (HDMI carries both sound and video) so you'll need a headphone out to RCA output to have both video and sound output to the TV from the computer. [ie. Headphone jack to Red/White RCA output.] 10FT / 3m HDMI TO DVI M/M CABLE

I bought the monster cable version of this cable for $160 at my local electronics store. Then i got online and found this cable, when i got it in the mail it worked just as well as its more expensive counterpart. I'm returning the monster cable today. Don't waste money on expensive cables, with a digital signal it doesn't matter

I ordered this cable to connect my MacBook pro to my 50-inch HD TV. It works like a charm, Just connect the cable to the Macbook and TV and change your TV input respectively and you can watch your Macbook on the TV. No need to make any changes to the Macbook.

This product does exactly what you'd think it would do - send video hmdi-dvi or vice versa. I don't think cables can exceed expectations, its a cable. Its 10 feet long. It works. It has fufilled its destiny. It works and is cheap, 5 stars.

PROS:

- Price is as low as you can go!

- Crystal clear HD output from Computer to 40" 1080P HDTV



I mainly got this to play my computer games on a bigger screen, and the resolution turns out better than PS3 and xbox360, as expected.



I also use it to play movies and videos from youtube and Netflix, in which the HD content for both is seen the way it's supposed to be.

Good quality DVI-HDMI cable that would cost 20+ bucks more in the store. Used to to connect my [Charter] Motorola Moxi DVR to my Sony LCD TV. No difference in picture quality but I went from 5 cables (component) to 3 cables (HDMI and LR audio) which was my intent. Also at 3 meters in length it will be long enough to fish through the wall at a later date.



Update: I found that there was a slight green shift in the color using this cable so I went back to component cables. I was unable to determine if it was an issue with this product or an issue with the output from the DVI port on my DVR box (most likely). So I can't fault this product and have no other means to test it.

It works, is cheap, and seems to be the appropriate length; the only thing I've noticed is that if the HDMI part of the cord is shifted left or right everything is still visible but it all becomes a shade of blue (I'm assuming the cable is at fault).

I ordered this cable to hook-up my new 6200 LE Nividia graphics card to my very nice hd plasma tv. The picture comes across nice, only if you're running 24hz if you want 1080p though. But after I was done, I tried to hook back up my PS3 and all of my HDMI ports stopped working. Apparently cables like this are capable of locking-up HDMI ports on certain models of tvs. Now the only thing that works through my HDMIs is this cable.

A similar 8 foot version of this cable at Best Buy is $100+, I got a 10 foot version for $6 delivered to my door. As for the product, it works great! I use it, along with an audio Y cable, to watch Netflix from my Laptop's HDMI output to the DVI in on my "older" HD monitor.

Without this cable all of my regular DVD's played at 480i. I did not know what I was missing until I used this cable and suddenly all my regular DVD's were upconverted to 1080i. Its not quite as good as either of the HD formats, but its close enough to make you wonder if paying 2X or 3X as much for an HD disc is worth the price. And using component connections is not even close to the quality you get with the HDMi cable. - Cables - Hdmi To Dvi - Hdmi Cable - Dvi'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information