Tuesday 30 June 2009

Accessories - swiss ball, fitness ball


I bought this GoFit 75cm Stability Ball as a replacement for my desk chair at home. I've learned (from a trusted source) that sitting on a stability ball can burn 100 calories an hour. After using this for a month now, I'll bet that's true.



As for this specific stability ball - it's certainly a heavy-duty ball. It states a burst-rating of 1,200 lbs. I work at home and probably spend 6-8-hours a day sitting on this thing and it's very comfortable. At 6'2" and 220lbs, the 75cm size is perfect for use at my desk.



Use a bigger air pump if you have one. The pump that comes with it will take you a month to pump it up. I used a small portable air compressor and even that took a while to inflate. I did have to re-inflate it a bit after the first few days once it settled-in. That was no problem. I just used a pair of pliers to remove the plug.



I looked everywhere, but there were no instructions on inflating the GoFit ball that came with it. Not that it's rocket-science to pump up a ball, but a few tips might have been helpful. I used a long level and a measuring tape to figure out when the ball was close to full-inflation. Just hold the level (or a yardstick, etc.) on top and measure the distance from the level to the floor.



The DVD and booklet that come with it seem to be a good bonus too.



All-in-all, a great Stability Ball for what I needed -- and a much healthier option than sitting in a regular chair all day! GoFit 75cm Professional Stability Ball

I was a 470lb man when I bought this ball. I use it in my daily exersice routine. It has made a world of difference in my core muscles. I feel stronger throughout the mid section and I stand up straighter. I recomend following the video and incorperating it into your workout. I saw a personal trainer and she got me goin on the ball. I tried to find a ball to hold me but kept feeling unsure if a ball with a 300lb rating. If you are seriouse about loosing weight and strengthening your mid section, GET THIS BALL!!!

I love this ball. I use it for workouts, and also my chair for at the desk. I find this to be a very sturdy ball. Inflating it was not very hard. I found that if you can use a air compressor that was much easier than the hand pump. It is a very sturdy ball and not a lot of things stick to it which is nice for around the house. It was also big enough for me to use, I am 6'2 so if your tall this will work for you.

This is a high quality stability ball and the pump is also very good. I wish the ball came with instructions. I needed to inflate my ball 3x's in the first week to maintain proper inflation, but I think that's normal. (I just used a flathead screwdriver to pry the plug out--its seems to have caused no damage.)

The video that came with it is excellent. It includes a good variety of exercises which are clearly explained and modeled.

I use this ball as a desk chair and it meets my needs perfectly. For some context, I'm 6'1", 200 lbs, and my desktop is at 30" with 25" clearance underneath. I inflated the ball to almost exactly 75 cm without any concerns. The included pump is adequate, but you'll pump for 15 minutes or so. The plastic plugs seal up the ball just fine, and come out easily enough with the help of a pointy object. I haven't had to do this but once initially to adjust the amount of air. It has held the pressure pretty much constant for 5 weeks now. The ball does not pick up lint and dust, so it stays looking clean. I like that it's rated for so much weight--it doesn't feel at all vulnerable to bursting, even when I bounce on it, which is a nearly automatic reaction to sitting on the thing.

Lordy, people... simmer down. I just inflated my 75 cm ball in 10 minutes using the hand pump, and during that 10 minutes I got up and grabbed a tissue and took off my hat and turned down the heater and read an email... We have two compressors, but I'm not familiar with how to operate them; and my spouse, who is the compressor operator of the family, was taking a nap, so I decided to just have a go with the hand pump and see if it was indeed going to "take a month" to inflate, as one reviewer said.



It would have taken me/us longer to plug up the compressor and find an attachment that fit the ball than it took me to inflate the ball by hand.



Sure, my heart rate increased a little bit. But I didn't sweat. And I didn't breathe through my mouth. I consider it my first workout with the ball!... You could take it slower and easier if you wanted, even watch the evening news while pumping away, and have it inflated in 15 minutes.



I am currently using the ball as a chair. And liking the feel of that. Hip wiggle, hip wiggle... giggle, giggle... work is fun, life is good. Happy day. It's good to move and breathe and flow! Bye now!

I had a 65 cm ball that was too short for me (6 ft). The 75 cm ball is the right height for me. I love that it keeps me moving while I'm sitting at my desk. It also provides me with a reason to sneak in some crunches every now and then. It takes a few days to get used to sitting on it, but I think I've actually lost a little weight in the week or so that I've been using the ball.

I purchased this exercise ball as a replacement for my desk chair after borrowing a same-size ball from a friend (a Gymnic Classic 75cm ball). After inflating this ball and putting it side by side with the Gymnic I found it to be slightly smaller, no matter how much I inflated it. The quality of the ball itself is very good - the plastic is thick and I truly believe that this ball will stand up to some wear and tear. As a desk chair, though, I found it to be slightly too small (5'10, 180 pounds) and the thick plastic made it less comfortable than the Gymnic (which unfortunately is also more expensive!)

I am 6', 280+ lbs and wanted an exercise ball to use as a desk chair - this one is perfect! It is exactly what they say it is and is durable enough that I'm pretty sure I could strap it on and jump out a two story window onto it without it bursting.

75cm is also the perfect height for my desk. - Swiss Ball - Stability Ball - Ball Chair - Fitness Ball'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • ball chair
  • ,
  • fitness ball
  • ,
  • stability ball
  • ,
  • swiss ball