Wednesday 24 June 2009

Brother Printer - cartridge, tn360 compatible


It seems like an good product. We've been using it for over a month and a paper for a master's degree is being printed with it so it's getting a workout. So far it's working fine and quite a bit cheaper than the OEM version. WARNING - no instructions were included and there is more to it than just swapping out drums. You have to reset the counter in the printer or the lights stay on and annoy the crap out of you. Go on line to the Brother site and they have step by step instructions including how to reset the counter. Anyone who can read can handle this. Brother DR360 (DR-360) Drum Unit - New Compatible Brand Replacement Drum Unit Compatible For Use With Brother DCP-7030, DCP-7040, HL-2140, HL-2150N, HL-2170W, MFC-7320, MFC-7440N and MFC7840W Laser Printers

This item fulfills the need of a new drum for our printer at a reasonable price. Most drums from the printer manufacturers cost as much as a new printer. This item cost much less and fills the need. I will definitely be buying from this supplier again.



The only issue I had was with shipping. The problem was not the vendors problem, but with FedEx. The item wound up going back to the vendor, and they had to re-ship. Other than that issue I am very happy.



Norm

Based on information I received with another compatible drum I had previously received from another company (TheOfficeDepot),I was able to install this drum and turn off the blinking lights. Although the vendor (Vivamart)selling this drum gave me a $7.00 refund, they never answered my questions about the problem. In the future, I wouldn't purchase from Vivamart. I would happily purchase from TheOfficeDepot.

I've used this drum for nearly a year and it worked perfectly. Print quality was the same as it was from the included Brother drum that eventually became defective. This one finally became unusable while changing the toner, be careful when changing the ink as dust/dirt may get in and damage the sensitive film on the drum, this will render it unusable.



Though it doesn't come with instruction, a simple visit to Brother's website should yield plenty of information about how to install/replace toners and drums.

I make a lot of copies on my Brother, about 3000 a month. I was very unhappy the the official Brother replacment drum was the same as the sale price I got the printer for. So I was really happy when I found one at less than half that price. It arrived quickly and works fine. The vote is still out on if it will last as long as the original but I am hopeful.

I received product promptly. But as soon as I entered the new drum in printer at gave me same error message "Drum End Soon"



First impression, I got the non-compatible cheap product and write to seller about the issue and ask for help. But after a quick Google I found the answer. Here is the instructions.



1) Open front cover

2) Insert drum unit and leave the front door open

3) Press Clear/Back button. It will prompt "Replace Button?" +Yes -No

4) Close the front cover and ready to print. Enjoy new drum!!





I print couple of pages with this drum unit and I couldn't find any difference between this and original unit.



I hope this will help.

This item was worthless. After replacing the old, original drum unit in my HL-2140, print quality was so poor that a document could not be read. Print is barely there and very light gray in color. I went to a local store to buy a Brother Drum Unit and found out that since they don't make this printer any more it's a special order item. I didn't have time to wait so I ended up buying an entirely new printer. It does not pay to buy compatible items! I'm extremely disappointed and feel I wasted my money.

I have a Brother MFC-7840W Laser Multifunction Center with Wireless and Ethernet Network Interfaces I'm not seeing any difference with the output than the OEM version, this is after 600 printouts. Definitely worth the savings. Very odd though, the inside cover of the box had directions for installing a toner cartridge in your printer, but not for installing the drum unit.. lol

Swapping out and resetting the printer was a breeze, check with your owners manual since not all printers are the same. - Brother Tn360 - Inexpensive - Cartridge - Tn360 Compatible'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information