Friday 26 June 2009

Kindle 2 Power Adapter - power adapter, kindle


This product is a complete waste of money. The adapter that comes with the Kindle is already for 100 - 240V. You pay an extra $20 for the European style plug on the end. If you already own a voltage adapter kit or a universal plug, you don't need this at all, it's just another thing to carry when you travel. Of course it is my own fault for not realizing that, like all electronics these days, the kindle adapter would be universal. Do not buy this! Amazon Kindle EU (European Union Universal) Power Adapter [Fits Kindle and Kindle DX]

In order to load your Kindle's battery, just attach the cable included to a USB port of any computer nearby. Simple as that.



If you want to use your 220 volt wall socket, you can buy a USB power adapter from every electronics store for about $5. This power adapter / cable -combo from Amazon did cost me $31 (including shipping to Europe).



Also, if You have bought any mobile phone, GPS navigator or such a device lately, chances are that you already have one of these.



To summarize: This gadget is nice, but don't waste your money on it.

Somebody else had written in a review that this item is good but should have been free. That is the basic problem. Assuming you are located in Europe (otherwise you would not be very interested in a "European Union Universal" power adapter), then this thing costs a lot of money with shipping. Might vary depending on where you are, but I had to pay around 35 Euro.



And that is the problem. The product is good. But, it is nothing more than a usb-cable for Kindle (same as already included with the kindle itself) together with a standard 220v to usb converter.



Short and concise; Ok product, but a complete waste of money to pay 35 Euro for it.

As was mentioned by other reviewers the adapter that comes with US version of Kindle supports both 110 (US) and 220V (European), so strictly speaking you do not need to buy the European version. Definitely not for 20$. Still if you buy it together with Kindle you get this item for just 5$, and this makes perfect sense. I wish the product page has explicitly mentioned that, I've almost missed 15$ discount. Amazon customer support was as usual extremely helpful and efficient - they helped me to get the discount after the order was placed.

I bought this because I thought I needed a specific power adapter for the kindle. I didn't need it at all. The USB connector to the kindle would have sufficed - I only needed an adapter that accepts USB plugs as well (which I have plenty of at home for different countries!). I am disappointed that I didn't realise it before and paid $20 for the adapter! I am living in Europe so to send it back makes no sense - if you have power adapters that has its own USB port, then you do not need this expensive adapter!

This is the third Kindle I buy and I cannot beleive that the EU power adapter is not yet part of the package. If it is included in the device's price in the USA and in the UK, why not in Portugal or Spain ? - Charger - Kindle 2 Power Adapter - Kindle - Power Adapter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • charger
  • ,
  • kindle
  • ,
  • kindle 2 power adapter
  • ,
  • power adapter