Monday 29 June 2009

Ebook Reader - warranty, service


I purchased the square trade warranty for my PSP due to the fact I had trouble with the first one I bought. It had a warranty through Sears and that warranty sucked!!! I again had trouble with the new PSP but the warranty through square trade was wonderful. It was so easy to return the product to them and get a refund for the entire price of the PSP. When it was all said and done I had my refund in 2 weeks with not a bit of hastle. I could not have been happier with their customer service and with the entire process really. I will definately purchase the square trade warranty again when I buy a new PSP. I already have 4 other products that I have purchased the square trade warranty for. They are the most reasonably priced warranty out there with the best service. Take my advice and buy their warranty for everything you purchase that needs a warranty. You will not be disappointed!!!! SquareTrade 3-Year Electronics Warranty Plus Accident Protection (Electronics $125-150)

I purchased a SquareTrade warranty for my Kindle, after the timeframe had expired on getting the Amazon warranty. The warranty included coverage for drops, which was not covered in the other options I looked into. Just under a year after I got my Kindle, it slipped out of my hands on my way outside and the screen cracked! Immediately I went online and looked into the warranty information and submitted my receipt. I quickly received a confirmation that my full purchase price would be reimbursed and a pre-paid shipping label. I opted for a Amazon gift certificate and got an extra 5% back, which appeared in my account less than a week after I sent in my broken Kindle. I now have a brand new Kindle 3 (upgraded from my Kindle 2) and extra money in my Amazon account for future purchases. I immediately purchased another warranty for my new Kindle - highly recommended!

When my GPS device stopped working, I contacted SquareTrade. They handled the warranty exactly as it should be done. They made the return and refund process easy and did it very promptly. I will use them again and am comfortable recommending them.

I purchased the 3 year accidental Kindle insurance from SquareTrade when I bought my Kindle 2. The purchasing process was really seamless. You select what you purchased (Kindle), when you purchased the item, from where, and upload the receipt (optional). I did upload my receipt for faster processing if I should ever have to claim. My review is going to be mainly about the claim process. First, my battery died about a year and half into the warranty. That means Amazon won't be able to replace it for free. I called SquareTrade and they emailed me a prepaid shipping label to send it out to be replaced. A couple months later, the battery experienced the same problem, which was to very quickly drain. Also at this time, I accidentally dropped my Kindle. Please note, my Kindle was readable, but having an opening at the top of my Kindle was something I was concerned about. I called Square Trade right away and I spoke with Brett. I don't know the reason, but I was unable to request my claim on online. Anyway, I spoke with Brett and explained the situation. He immediately said they will refund me the purchase price minus the battery exchange fee, which was around $100. I explained that was not really fair as they didn't actually repair the battery. He agreed and refunded the complete amount. Square Trade gives you three options for refund: 1. snail mail check 2. Amazon gift card (fast) 3. Pay Pal (fast). Brett explained to me the fastest is the Paypal and the Amazon gift card option. I selected the Amazon gift card because I planned to purchase another Kindle right away. The Amazon gift card option was fantastic because they give you an extra 5% on top of the refund. I didn't know this at the time I selected this option. Brett emailed me the shipping label to send my Kindle in about 10 minutes. I packed everything and shipped my Kindle off. Two days later, I received an email from Amazon stating that SquareTrade has sent me a gift card. However upon closer inspection, I noticed that SquareTrade did indeed subtract the cost of replacing the battery even though they promised they will refund me the full amount. I called SquareTrade again and spoke with another representative. I explained the situation and he was sympathetic and spoke with his supervisor. After about 10 minutes of consultation, they agreed since they did promise to give me the refund, they will send me the remaining balance in the mail. I was not given the option to receive the Amazon gift card again.



To make this long story really long, I have to say, the customer service is professional and sympathetic. They take the time to hear your story and make the best decision they can. I have and will continue to purchase warranty from them.

My year-old Ipod just stopped working just after Christmas. It just died quietly in its sleep. I was listening to it one day and the next day it was dead. I tried all the usual tricks, resetting, reenergizing, etc.) but was unsuccessful. I called Square Trade and the same day they mailed me a label. I packaged up said Ipod carefully and sent it UPS. The following day I had a credit posted to my Amazon account (my choice), ordered a new one, and two days later, had my new Ipod. They gave me a full refund on the Ipod with no other questions. The speed with which they do business is remarkable. I have waited longer in line at customer service booths (maybe just a slight exaggeration)in stores here in town. I was astounded. I promptly insured my new Ipod with Square Trade and will do business with them again. I already have my Kindle under Square Trade warranty. They shine!SquareTrade 3-Year MP3 Warranty Plus Accident Protection (MP3 Players $175-200) - Warranty - Kindle - Squaretrade - Service'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information