Monday 29 June 2009

Ceramic Flat Irons - ceramic flat iron, flat iron


I shopped around on Amazon before buying this one because I had specific product requirements: ceramic hotplates, rounded edges so it wouldn't catch and tug/tear my hair, multiple heat settings and not overpriced. This one has all these features and it came with free shipping. So far I have not had any problems with it, it does exactly what it advertises and it makes my hair look great - I have thin hair but it has a lot of body/wave to it and this iron makes it sleek and it will stay for most of the day. Because my hair is thin I don't have the heat setting too high so I don't toast it, you can set it really hot, so if I was going out in the evening it only takes a couple of minutes to touch up. This thing heats up real fast too.Ceramic Tools CT2555 1" Professional Ceramic Flat Iron

I've had this flat iron for about a year - never had a problem. Gets seriously hot - my thick, ultra wavy hair is totally tamed by it. Slides through with no problem, and my hair actually feels HEALTHIER now - not the heat stroked, dryed out mess I feared after such long use.



10 minutes every other day and people actually think my hair is naturally straight! A couple of people even asked if I'd had a straight perm ... that is serious results for a girl who has been fighting with a flipping, curling, wavy mess her whole life.



I have medium hair and like the 1 inch - for anything longer than the shoulders I would get a 1.5 or 2 inch.

After 4 years I had to replace my old straightener and decided to get this one after some research. The price and great ratings are the main thing that caught my eye. After paying 16 bucks for my old straightener which worked great, I wasn't shelling out 50+ bucks for another one. So here's a breakdown:



Pros:

1. Heats up quickly. 25 settings for any hair type. I consider my hair more on the thin side, but I like to keep it set to around 20 when I straighten my hair, I could honestly keep it a bit lower and still straighten fine.

2. Glides over your hair smoothly, no pulling. It feels like a straightener isn't being used on my hair at all.

3. On/Off Button.

4. Exceptionally long cord with a swivel feature (good if you need to straighten someone else's hair or don't have an outlet right next to your mirror).

5. Eliminates any frizz or flyaway hairs I have and straightens each section in one go.

6. Easy to flip or curl the ends of your hair.

7. I saw a comment about the plates having a gap, which is something I don't like about some straighteners. But with this one the plates get pressed together perfectly, no gap.

8. Great Price!



Cons:

1. It does get very hot. I wouldn't recommend the highest setting, unless nothing lower works. I can see how people would burn their hair using this if they just set it to 25 right away.

2. No lock feature to keep it closed when not in use. I loved this about my old straightener.

3. It has a piece of plastic that comes down after the plates in the middle of the straightener. I think this is to help limit the pressure put on the plates when squeezing the straightener closed. Sometimes my hair gets caught in the plastic 'tooth' when I straighten. But this is just an error on my part for trying to straighten too much hair at once or putting my hair too far back in the straightener and not realizing it.



Overall I highly recommend this straightener. I don't see the need to pay $100+ for a Chi, when people I know have had them break so easily. I can straighten my hair in 5-10mins and even though my hair normally curls like crazy in the Florida humidity, it stays straight throughout the day after using this.

The main issues I have with this iron is that it gets incredibly hot on the outside felt area (near the ceramic tongs), and that in combination with the problem that the hand clamp (when used as intended, with your hands on the half of the iron near the cord) does not entirely depress the tips of the ceramic iron together means you have to clamp down further up on the iron (using the felt area) in order to get it to properly depress all the way. Since the iron is poor at keeping the heat only in the ceramic iron part of the tool, you're probably going to be getting your hand burnt if you really want to use this tool effectively.



To me that is a fundamental failure in the design of this iron and I can't recommend it at any price.

I was skeptical of this product but I figured for 35 bucks, I'd take a chance. A few years ago I bought a Conair straightener for nearly 70 dollars and it was worthless, so I was a bit skeptical as I said. However, when I got it in the mail yesterday evening, I plugged it in and I was amazed. I have rather wavy, tough, thick hair. I thought the only way to tame it was a chemical straightening, which I did 2 years ago and it was soooo expensive. I plugged this straightener in and it heated up within seconds. Not minutes, people. The first time I ran it across a bit of my hair, I was shocked. This is an amazing hair straightener and I am sooooo happy I purchased it. It turned my thick hair into something that looked so amazing. I've never seen anything like it. I would highly highly highly recommend this product for anyone who had coarse thick hair, or just anyone who wants straight hair. It's amazing. - Ceramic Flat Iron - Ceramic - Flat Iron - Hair Straightener'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information