Sunday 28 June 2009

Kiddopotamus  co - sleepsack, wearable blankets


We love this wearable blanket so much that we bought every kind. They are wonderful. First I must say that they, obviously, do not confine the arms, so if your baby still gets startled by her jerky arm movements when trying to fall asleep he/she may not be ready for this yet. I am slowly making the transition from the Miracle Blanket over to this. My baby still needs the extra swaddling at night and when she is fussy, but she likes the freedom during her naps that this provides and likes to get at her fingers too.



I did not find that my cotton sleep sack shrank. The zipper doesn't lay exactly flat on her, but I haven't found this a problem at all.



I do feel the sizes run a bit small. My baby is wearing the small size and at 23" has just about outgrown it. I'd recommend getting them one size above what you think you need.



I don't like that there are no arm sleeves at all. I really would have liked the choice of putting her in one with or without sleeves.



This cotton is so nice and light (I wonder if the other reviewer was reviewing a fleece, flannel or quilted one instead) that I can't imagine it being any lighter without being to fragle to hold together.



I very much like that the zipper is "upside down". It undoes from the bottom which means you don't have to completely unzip your baby for diaper changes and the zipper tab doesn't poke into the baby's chin. HALO SleepSack 100% Cotton Wearable Blanket, Baby Blue, X-Large

When our son started escaping from the receiving blankets we'd swaddle him in, we started using a sleep sack. It took a couple of weeks for him to adjust to it, but now he loves it and goes right to sleep when we put it on him and set him in the crib. He is 30 inches tall and about to outgrow the medium, so we have a large ready for him. He rolls all over the crib during the night and the sleep sack moves with him. It is never pulled tight or twisted. We dress him in something with long sleeves so that his arms stay warm and during the colder winter nights we added "No-Scratch Mittens" from Babies R Us to keep his hands warm. When our son was still in a bassinet, the sleep sack worked well with a sleep positioner to keep him on his back. When swaddled he would scoot out of the positioner, but with the sleep sack his arms were above the positioner and he stayed in place. I've washed both a cotton and a fleece sleep sack dozens of times and they held up great. There's no shrinking, fading or unraveling and the zippers still work perfectly. The sleep sack is the perfect way for our son to stay warm at night and I am so glad I have it.

With SIDS to worry about, I really do sleep more soundly at night knowing that my baby is warm but not at risk of being smothered by a loose blanket. The bottom-to-top zipper really is convenient for diaper changes, and while the sleepsack did shrink somewhat in the wash, that really hasn't affected its fit on our baby. We went from a fleece sleepsack (infant size) to a cotton one (medium) when the weather started getting warm. Our baby is big (14 lbs and 25 inches at 12 weeks), so we got a medium (one size larger than recommended) hoping it would fit all summer. We shouldn't have worried. The sizes are very generous, but even a very big sleepsack works - there's enough room to grow into without being loose enough at the arm- or neckholes to cause tangling or a smothering hazard. It's perfect for summer nights that are just cool enough that we want to be sure that the baby's feet and legs stay covered, even if her nightgown rides up. Overall, I wouldn't trade the sleepsack for a regular blanket, and I highly recommend it to all parents of infants.

This product is fantastic!



I live in Texas which has cool winters, but not frigid ones. I put the sleepsack on my newborn over a footed cotton sleeper, and she's very cozy and content. I would recommend it over the fleece sack for folks who live in warmer climates. That would be too much. I imagine the thickness of the cotton sleeper will work well during warmer months as well coupled with a lighter sleeper or onesie underneath.



In addition to doing a great job keeping my baby warm, this product is wonderfully soft and well-designed. It's roomy and should fit my baby for a while (unlike most things you buy for baby!). And, best of all, it unzips from the bottom to the top. So, you don't have to completely undress baby for those late-night diaper changes.



I highly recommend buying two or three to use every night. I only wish I had discovered the sleepsack with my first child.

I loved the fleece version of this and bought the cotton one for summer. Big mistake. Don't waste your money. The cotton is not pre-shrunk, so when you wash it the first time and it shrinks, the zipper ends up being too long, which causes the fabric to gather/bunch up. Very disappointed.

We love the little Halo sleep sacks! Our house has a tendency to be chilly - especially my little guy's room. Since he is a very active sleeper, we feel so much more comfortable knowing that he can stay warm without blankets bunching up around his face. We use the fleece sleep sacks for night time when the house is cooler and he naps in the cotton ones, which I'm sure will be perfect for spring and summer nights, too. We were concerned that when we 'weaned' him from swaddling he would have a really difficult time, but the sleep sacks have been a big help in making him feel more secure even though he can move around more. He actually takes longer naps when he wears his little sleep sack! I highly recommend both the fleece and the cotton ones for all babies!

I love this thing! I never have to worry about blankets coming off my baby (8 months now) or her getting too warm... It's sleeveless which she seems to enjoy and there is plenty of leg room for her to kick away... Highly recommend this product. Oh yeah, the zipper zips down at the feet, away from her precious neck & chin.. A nice touch... - Sleepwear - Toddlers - Sleepsack - Wearable Blankets'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information