Friday 26 June 2009

Cord Organizer - wire management, cord organizer


As others have noted, this is a great product that does exactly what it says.



The adhesive is strong and long-lasting, and the clips are easy to install.



HOWEVER, (put on your "remembering" cap now because you need to remember this 10 years later when you un-install these things!!), REMEMBER, you cannot remove these by just "yanking" them off the wall.



As with all of these 3M wall hanging strips, you need to (a) pull up on the plastic clip so that it comes off and exposes the adhesive backing, and then (b) pull the little tab (it looks like the rest of the adhesive pad, but it's not actually stuck to the wall) directly downwards (pull just along the wall, NOT away from the wall). Then, the adhesive pad will stretch to about 8x its normal length, and in the process will gently un-stick itself.



It's a really elegant way to remove the pads, and it's the reason they can have such strong adhesive power without removing paint. But, IF YOU FORGET and in 5 years you just yank off the plastic from the wall, you will remove paint and it will all have been for naught.



3M has a variety of related products for hanging pictures and posters and what-not. I recommend them all. Command 17379 Cord Organizer Pack

I ordered these for training cables at the office but love using them at home as well. They stick forever but come down by just pulling the tab. No marks left on the wall.

This is one of those items that just does what it is supposed to and nothing less.

Order these if you need to train cables at home or office. I HIGHLY recommend.

This is a really nice assortment. You will probably want to go ahead and order 2-3 of this item. You'll love using them.

Still sticking. I had used these in my old place,too. They are easy to remove, and do not damage the surface. The loop holders can brake if they are exposed to too much force. Forces like being walked on a lot(took me 2yrs.), but even then they can still hold in place.

The only time I have had problems with the 3m Command Cord Organizers not adhering to a surface is in my kitchen (On oily Formica/oily paint-cleaning could not remove all the old tenant's worth of oil). When these pads do not stick, they really just do not stick at all! I pulled out my magic eraser, removed some paint layers with lots of oil. Then the cable holders seemed to semi-stick to my kitchen walls.

If I wanted the normal strength stick I'm use to, I'd buy new adhesive pads and try fresh. So, watch out for cooking oil! Other wise, I've bought these cable holders more then once, and will look for them again when I move to a new place.

This 3M hook removal system is wonderful. I've been using some of the decorative hooks and velcro-like pieces for a few years now, so when I started looking on Amz for wire management, I started with 3M. Beside the handy removal tabs, these little hooks are easy to open and close, while still being very sturdy. They don't have a huge amount of extra plastic, so they look OK on the wall. They also don't stick out very far. The large loop piece is downright cool. I have an extension cord with two adapters - one very heavy - hanging from this loop. For the smaller clips the package comes with small and medium sizes. They could use a large.

I bought a pack of small wire clips at our local hardware store to use in hanging a new Moravian star light on our front porch for Christmas. Before installing, I read the instructions on the package and saw they're not recommended for use under 50 degrees, meaning basically indoor use only. Ruh-row, it was about 28 outside when I was running the wire. I decided to try them anyway because I liked how the little clip fastens shut around the wire. Figured I could always use some heavier duty mounting tape if they came loose.



The light had a 5' cord so I needed to run a light extension cord up the corner post on my front porch to complete the connection. Needed three clips at the top to run the wire along the aluminum soffit along the porch roof. I made sure the soffit was clean where I was attaching the clips. Then, per the instructions, I pressed the pad firmly for 30 seconds when attaching to the clip, and again when I attached the clip to the soffit. They seemed to be holding solidly, and I couldn't pull them off while tugging on the wire.



To run the extension cord wire down the post, I attached four clips about 2' apart onto the white aluminum downspout next to the post. I used a white extension cord, so the job was nearly invisible when done, and the clip was just large enough to close around the extension cord wire.



After 3+ weeks of exposure to wind, rain and single-digit temps, the clips are still holding firmly. I'd originally intended to use this as a temporary fix for this holiday season, and put in more permanent hooks and wire channeling during the summer. But if these things are still holding when warm weather arrives, I'll leave them up and see how long they last.

These worked great to organize all the wires behind our entertainment center that run to the stereo and TV. Just make sure to let the hooks seat themselves onto the surface of where ever you install them before you put the wires in place. We waited several hours.

This cord organizer pack works pretty good for routing cables and cords along a desired path. I love how the adhesive is removable and won't damage walls, which is a great improvement over standard adhesives and nails. Easy to use and looks fairly attractive too. I would recommend this product. - Cable Management - Wire Management - Cable Organizer - Cord Organizer'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information