Tuesday 30 June 2009

Fiber Optic Cables - digital cable, audio


I bought this to replace my previous Toslink cable. I wanted to run the cable through the wall around the room. This was perfect. No signal loss over distance. I really like it.

Keep up the good work guys! RiteAV Digital Optical Toslink Cable (50ft)

i used the 50 feet to connect my logitech squeezebox to another receiveS in a different room,..wow, wow,.. the sound is so clear and excellent. the cable went through walls ansd attick and celinsS,.. not a drop in the quality,..



I was nervous at first, about a 50 FOOT OPTICAL CABLE BUT MAN, THE SOUND THROUGH MY CEILING SPEAKERS AND YAMAHA RECIEVER, IS AWSOME.. BUY WITHOUT HESITATION

As another reviewer observed, we really don't need to have gold-plated parts in these TOSLINK connectors. They might look cool or give a sense of great quality to have fat insulating jackets and metal connector terminator plugs, but the real truth is, if the fiber cable inside is doing its job, then you are good.

If the cable terminators snap into your equipment and stay put, you are doing great, and if the cable is sturdy and flexible enough to bend around corners then you are golden. This product does all four, and without costing a week's pay!



I am running out of a satellite receiver into a two-way splitter then running 50 feet with this cable into a Denon receiver which is getting Dolby D +PL IIx and outputting 7.1 audio as though the source is in the same rack.



This Rite AV cable snaps securely into its connectors and wraps pretty closely around corners such as door frames and 90-degree wall corners. I'm very pleased that it's working as well as I'd hoped. Highly recommended.

I received the cable. Shipping was fine.

When I first opened the package and saw the cable, I was surprised on how thin the cable is. I was concerned how fraile the cable looked.

Before I ran the cable through my walls, I checked the sound quality and compared the sound with a higher priced and thicker cable from Monster.

I could not notice a difference. Ran the cable the walls. Connected my TV to my digital audio on my 5.1 surround sound receiver.

Excellent!

Very pleased!

For the price on a 50ft. cable, you cannot beat it.

I received a component cable instead of an optical. I have tried to contact this seller for two weeks with no reply. I guess I am just stuck with the component and apparently I am not the only buyer this has happed to. Buy from someone else.

I assumed that these types of cables would be very expensive, but this one was a great price and seems to work very nicely. Now I'm no audiophile but this optical cable is leaps and bounds better than the standard RCA cables I was using previously.



I know there are more expensive cables out there but this brand--even if it does not have nice steel connectors (as you can see by the picture, these are black rubber/plastic)--seems to work very nicely for the average user.

I ordered the Toslink optical cable and what arrived was a 3 wire AV cable. They had even taken the correct Toslink sticker and placed it over the sticker for the incorrect cable and sent it. I could only get a refund and have now placed a second order for the same cable. I'll let you know if I get the wrong one again. Mine is not the first complaint I have seen regarding bait and switching of incorrect cables or cables from a cheaper manufacturer. - Home Theater - Digital Audio - Audio - Digital Cable'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information