Thursday 25 June 2009

Headset Holster - headset case, voyager 510


I purchased this case after reading the two negative reviews because I liked the design and had a simple idea of sewing a small strip of velcro to the case to secure the headset. Turns out it's not needed. Not sure how the other reviewers installed their headsets, but there is two small openings on the bottom of the case. If you push the large portion of the 510 that goes behind your ear through the opening (maybe 1/4 inch), it completely secures the headset. Plus it lowers the mic further protecting it from damage. I went jogging with my 2 boxers today for about 45 minutes and the 510 didn't budge at all. Been using for a little over a week now and am very impressed with it. Maybe including some instructions would have been helpful because if you don't push the headset through that opening, it's just going to pop right out. Plantronics Voyager 510 Bluetooth Headset Carrying Case

This is a cute little case, but doesn't hold the headset firmly. My Plantronics Voyager 510 headset popped right out into a plumbing fixture full of water! If the case had a retaining strap like some of the Motorola cases, that wouldn't have happened.

If you use this case, fold the headset and put the microphone end in *first*. It's less likely to pop out that way. I still wouldn't put in on my belt; keep it in a pocket. My headset worked again after it dried out (I got lucky).

I'd give this 2 stars but I figured that since I still use it, it deserved at least 3.



It's supposed to hold the Voyager 510 headset but it sorta fails to do so. There's no real instructions or demonstration on HOW the headset is supposed to fit in there. I've been using it for 2 weeks now and have discovered my way to use it and it works for me. You gotta first of all turn the headset in the right position (kinad in an S shape). You stick it in microphone first and push on the top where the charger inserts until the microphone sorta pokes out the bottom. Then it stays in.



But there are still many downsides to this. If you don't have it in right (or like I have it above) it'll have the tendency to spring right out of the carrying case. Makes it handy if you want it to come out, makes it annoying the rest of the time. I've dropped my Voyager 510 countless times because of this carrying case, until I found the right way to put it in. Still, there's no example of even how to figure that out. It doesn't go in any other way very well and is otherwise pretty inconvenient to use, especially while seated. I'm an IT person that moves around a whole lot, and so having this headset is vital for me, and i love the Voyager 510. But this carrying case does not deliver. The clip is VERY tight on a belt and doesn't readjust. It's more likely to come off the belt completely. And if you attempt to adjust it, you're also probably just going to knock the headset out of the case. It will rotate as well. Also note, it's stiff to begin with, DO NOT STRETCH IT OUT.



Other uses I've found for it: it'll carry two regularly used flash drives very well and secure, it holds my ipod cuz my ipod case broke. I can fit SODIMMs into it, some sticks of gum and a wad of tissue holds well. IE, I do not recommend this product. I don't know of others out there or else I'd probably give them a try, haven't really looked. I've managed to use this but I don't have a peace of mind knowing that my headset's not going to pop out.

I lost two headsets with this case. The first was while walking in the city, the headset fell out of the unsecured top of the case somewhere in a four block area never to be seen again. The second time I lost the case and all as there is only a flimsy clip on the back instead of a loop and it fell right off of my belt while walking to lunch. On top of it all the case doesn't adequately fit the 510 in the first place. The headset is too long and pokes out of the bottom distorting the bottom of the case or is pushed out over the small lip at the top of the case.

The case is ok, the main thing I had a problem with is the case is not stiff enough. It will not hold its form where you can just set you bluetooth in it as traveling. You have to hold it open with one hand and insert bluetooth with the other.

The one feature which makes this unusable is the way it spins 360-degrees. Often it will rotate upside down and the headset will fall out. I don't wear it anymore because I can't trust it to keep my headset where it belongs (off the ground). I really want to like it, but it just doesn't deliver. - Headset Case - Plantronics - Bluetooth Headset - Voyager 510'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information