Monday 29 June 2009

Flat Panel Mounts - flat panel mounts, lcd wall mount


I've had the swivel mount for a few weeks now and I'm so glad I purchased this model. It was an easy set up and does everything its supposed to. I was a little leary to put our 42" 60lb tv on it up in the air, but once we got it all set up it was the best decision I'd made. I was thinking of just buying an angled mount without the extension capabilities, but that would have been such a pain to get all the wiring hooked to and hidden behind the tv. With this set up we are able to make easy cable adjustments, and either pull the tv out, angle it further up or down and push it back to the wall to give it a more fit look. I strongly sugges purchasing this product and would buy it again if I needed to. VideoSecu TV wall mount for 37"-55" LCD LED Plasma TV, black color full motion articulating 27" Pullout swivel tilting Free 7 ft HDMI cable MP27B W13

This is the best shelf I could find for the price. If you want a shelf with a lot of adjustability this is the one. I have a 46" Vizio LCD TV mounted to it and it works great. Just a couple of things you should know. Make sure you tighten all bolts down at the time of assembly so that the mount does not lean or sag. Also the instructions are terrible. Actually they are practically none existant. If you are not mechanically inclined then this mount is not for you. I am a mecahnical engineer who does not usually read the instructions anyway so it was not that bad. One thing I did learn the hard way is that when you mount it to the wall do not install the front plate the TV mounts too until after you have it on the wall. Once the arm is on the wall then install the front plate and hang your TV on it. The bad instructions are the reason that I did not give it 5 stars.

After extensive searches I settled on this one for it's 22" (min 5", max 27") extension - more than most of the others.

In my situation we do 95% of our viewing in a small den, and 5% of the time we need to turn the TV close

to 90 degress to open up to a bigger crowd in the living room. So I wasn't too concerned about frequent adjusments.

And I needed 22" extension to be able to swivel a 47" TV that far.



Despite some concerns after reading reviews, the item arrived assembled and instructions were clear.

All the mounting hardware was neatly packaged in plastic - all separated by type. Included are a variety of

screws and spacers to allow connecting the brackets to various TVs. Also includes 4 lag screws and washers for wall mount.

One review mentioned the TV would loosely slide once mounted - not true if you tighten up the appropriate bolts.

Steps: 1) secure wall bracket/arms to wall, 2) secure TV brackets to TV, 3) hang TV, slide to adjust positior, and secure lower bolts.



Item ship weight is listed at 50# (one of the reasons I bought it); during shipment UPS tracking showed 21# (I wasn't too

happy at that point), on arrival it weighed in at 33#. Definitely strong enough to hold up the 47" LCD TV.



Other reviews about difficulty in getting horizontal are correct. With that in mind I was sure to level the

screen bracket and attach the wall bracket accordingly. Note that the level can vary depending on which

way you swing in the arm. Also, with everything level I then extended the screen and turned it 90 degreees, and

it had a large tilt down. So I compensated further by putting a 3/16 space strip across the bottom of the wall

bracket. Then I adjusted the TV tilt knobs to match. Note that some side-to-side tilt can be adjusted for

by setting the tilt knobs at different positions.



The arm shipped very "tight" - hard to move. All pivots have adjustable tightness and hex wrenches are provided,

but relaxing these will add to any tilt problems so you'll want them pretty tight. I am considering taking

mine apart to lubricate them. The dual arm mounts I would expect do not suffer as much from the leveling issues

as each arm could cancel out some of the slop of the other.



All-in-all, I am happy with the product at it's $70 price (+$30 shipping), and now I see it is under $50 plus shipping.

I built a custom cabinet (closet makeover) and built a "rear" wall about 8" back to account for the depth of the TV and

minimum depth of the bracket... this gives me a flush TV when fully stowed. Be sure to back this wall with STUDS

for secure bracket mounting!



On a side note, the 47" 120Hz Vizio has a fantastic picture... like looking through a window for many shows.

120Hz or higher w/ motion control is a must!! (we upgraded from an older 42" 60Hz Vizio).

I used this mount for a 52" sharp aquos. compared with the price of other mounts for this tv it could not be beat. it supports the weight (52 lbs) of the tv well as long as it is flush with the wall. attaching the mount to the tv upright (as directed) puts the part that attaches to the wall off center and caused the tv to sag on one side. to resolve this i had to attach the mount to the tv upside down. it fit with no problems and the tv sat square and even.

Don't forget the cable issue if you plan to pull your tv away from the wall. I don't like any hanging cables visible from behind the tv, so i installed my power and cable outlets behind the tv and used short enough cables to stay neatly hidden. When I did try to pull the tv out from the wall, the cables weren't long enough. You can order pigtail cables (like for a phone receiver) online. - Lcd Wall Mount - Flat Panel Mount - Flat Panel Mounts - Tv Wall Mount'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • lcd wall mount
  • ,
  • flat panel mounts
  • ,
  • flat panel mount
  • ,
  • tv wall mount