Tuesday 30 June 2009

Recumbent Exercise Bike


We got this so we could add some variety to indoor exercise days. Since walking, cycling, and other exercises that use your thigh muscles a lot can expend an awful lot of calories in a very short amount of time, this little gem compliments a regular kettlebell routine quite nicely. It can help you stick to a High Intensity workout schedule five or six days a week.



It took about 45 minutes for one person to put together and it seems quite a bit sturdier compared to other similarly priced products reviews. It's seen several hundred miles of use in a few months time and it's as good as new. It's only drawback is that the seat and back are not padded nearly enough, in fact hardly at all, especially compared to outdoor recumbent bikes, which tend to be generously padded. Even with an office chair padding set and/or an additional cushion, it can be painful to stand up and walk away from this thing after 30 or 45 minutes of cycling. A+ for being a sturdy workhorse, D- for being a literal pain. Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Recumbent Bike

Very easy to assemble, wonderful performance, comfortable seat, easy to use, and quality of the material.



I love using it in the morning (not evening, because I noticed it's hard for me to fall asleep after the exercise). It's very good for the knees.



This bike is adjustable - you can control the tension and adjust the bike size to your height (make the bike shorter of longer). And, it's not huge, you can keep it in any room - it doesn't take much space.



I'd recommend this bike to everyone! The big advantage is - you can use it any time, in any weather, unlike the regular bicycles (I don't mean it's better, but more convenient for people who don't spend much time outdoors).

When I was deciding on a recumbent bike, it came down to this one and the Mary Recumbent Mag Cycle. I chose this one because it had a pulse reader on it. The only thing that I do not like about this bike is that when "scanning" between the time, distance, pace, total, and calories... it doesn't go to pulse. You have to press "Mode" and then it starts to calculate your pulse. No matter if your fingers are already on the pulse, it will still start from 72 and take a minute or so to calculate.



Other than that, my husband and I have had great work outs on the machine. The tension knob is not numbered, but it tells you to twist left if you want less tension, and twist right if you want more. This is not calculated into your calories burned, which is another downside. However, I know the amount of tension I am comfortable with and as long as I get my hour in every day around a certain pace, I feel great about my work out.



It is definitely worth the great price!

This is a great bike. Love it! I had a hard time assembling it though. I was able to put the bike together, but cannot figure out how to attach the tension cord, the arm rests, and hook up the computer cords.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Recumbent Exercise Bike Recumbent Exercise Bike Recumbent Exercise Bike