Tuesday 30 June 2009

Children Table Chairs


We've had this table for years, since my daughter was in preschool. It has and continues to serve us well.



HEIGHT ADJUSTMENTS



I bought this table for my kids to do their crafts at when they were toddlers. At the lowest setting, it worked well with the toddler size chairs. Now that they are older, I can raise it to the dining table height and adult sized chairs fit under it. I can raise it even higher to countertop height and put barstools under them or just use them as an extension of my kitchen counter.



It is most stable up to kitchen table height. At countertop height, it wobbles more, but not so much that I'd be worried it would fall apart.



SETTING UP



The table is easy to open up and set up. The legs extend in a snap. It's also easy to collapse and fold up to carry or store, and it is lightweight enough to not fear transporting it.



SURFACE



The surface has been a cinch to maintain. The children have managed to get crayons or markers and food all over it. If a wet towel won't get it off, the Magic Eraser will.



One big problem with the table is the surface is textured, so the children do not like doing homework on it, because it's difficult to write on. Placing a board on the table would be a workaround, but the children choose not to do their writing there.



SIZE



The table does sit four children around it comfortably for dinner. For temporary uses, four adults could sit, but it would not be something to do regularly, as they might normally want more room.



PROS:

+ lightweight

+ easy to set up

+ easy to fold up

+ height adjustable

+ easy to maintain

+ sturdy



CONS:

- textured surface is not good for writing

- narrow table



SUMMARY



I'm glad I bought this table. It's one of those things where I look back and think how well I've gotten my money's worth. I'd buy this again for it versatility and portability. Lifetime Prod. Inc. 4435 4' Fold-in-Half Adjustable Folding Table

I am a mobile DJ. I bought this table to be used when I am DJing. It's just about perfect for that use. When set up it is 4ft. It folds in half when not in use so it's only 2ft when carrying it. It has a handle for easy carrying. It's lightweight and the best feature (for me) is the height adjustment. In the past my table was about waist height so I had to lean forward and bend over slightly to operate my DJ equipment (I never sit when I'm DJing, if the DJ looks bored the crowd's more likely to be bored). After a 4 to 6 hour gig my back and shoulders would be hurting. With this table all the equipment is within arms reach while standing straight up. I've only used it twice so far but it seems pretty sturdy too. It's not "completely" solid but I don't have any fear of it collapsing or falling over.

I bought 2 of these tables, and I'm so happy I did. At the lowest height, I use the table as a laptop table for getting work done while I'm outdoors on the back patio (sitting in an armless lawn chair). The middle height is of course the height of a regular dining table. The highest height is the "counter height" which is good with bar stools, or applications where you need to use a table while standing up. We've used this as a prep table outdoors when grilling or cutting up pumpkins for jack-o-lanterns, etc. (Note that you should not use the table as a platform for a table-top grill, since it's not heat resistant.)



These tables are very lightweight and not cumbersome to carry. They fold in half, and they have a carrying handle. So I can take 2 of these tables with me as I do, walking a mile or so to the train station, for some event or whatever. The table we had before did not fold in half, and it was 30 inches wide instead of only 24 inches like these .... so there was no way I could take that table with me anywhere. I like the narrower width because it makes it lot easier to fit the tables into compact spaces. You can also easily pop these tables in the back of a trunk or a bike trailer. These are versatile, portable, really useful tables.



For an outdoor party, I'm wondering how these might look if I paint the top brown with some gold-tan pattern/texture, to mimic something like flagstone. Or I could just put a table cloth on top, of course.



You can do so many things with these tables! I'm very happy with my purchase.

great table. only one small flaw, pressing both buttons to extend the leg at the same time, while pulling on the leg, takes 3 hands. You can pull one side at a time but it's tricky. Maybe in the next iteration they can consolidate the 2 buttons into one?

I make jewelry and needed a table for my first trunk show. This was the perfect size, easy to transport and easy to store in my storage-challenged condo. The adjustable height gets my products up to the customer without them having to bend or stoop. My only challenge with this table is adjusting the legs by myself -- hard to slide them out while holding the buttons down. I'll figure out a way tho....or just have someone lend me a hand. All in all, it's a great product!

The table arrived on time, in good condition and I was pleased with it. There is only one little problem, and it's probably just my built-in clutziness. When I opened it up, laid it on its side and lifted it to standing position, it kept folding on me. But yeah, perfect little adjustable craft table. I use mine for my laptop so I can sit in my recliner and keep my feet up. It just slides right up to me, wide enough to fit over the arms of the chair.

Recommended.

I bought this table for camping, for extra counter space for cooking. I didn't buy it through Amazon but at K-mart and for only $35.00. It works just fine and with the adjustable legs, you can use it as a dinning table if you wanted or needed to.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Children Table Chairs Children Table Chairs Children Table Chairs