Saturday 27 June 2009

Computer Speakers - pc speakers, logitech


I recently got a inexpensive 19" HDTV which has decent enough video quality but it burdened with the WORST sound I've heard on a TV. Tinny sounding speakers with little volume. But there was a headphone jack on the TV. With headphones, the TV sounded excellent. My computer speakers were connected with a headphone jack... They worked just fine on the TV. I looked for powered 2.1 computer speaker systems on Amazon and was delighted to find many choices under $40. The best value for the money seemed to be this Logitech and the cheap TV now has excellent sound.



I give this a 5 star rating (instead of a 3 or a 4) because of the low price. There are better 2.1 systems but nowhere near this price. Logitech S220 2.1 Speaker System with Subwoofer

Great sound with a nice touch of base. All the quality in a small package. The speaker wires are really not long enough for distant placement of speakers the wire doesn't spread that far apart. The sub woofer does well it packs a punch when cranked up. The piano black color adds nice touch to the speakers and woofer which is kind of heavy but slim enough to fit just about anywhere. The volume control and mic/phone jack controls are easy to use and a big plus for me. Easy gliding volume control the whole system feels solid with no visible weaknesses. Over all a good speaker system for the money.

I am a recording engineer and i bought these speakers to use as reference monitors to compare my mixes on a pair of consumer speakers. They sound a whole lot better than i expected! At low volume levels, these speakers aren't far from my pair of $1000 professional studio monitors. They do lack a bit of mid to low-mid on the frequency spectrum, but that is expected with consumer speakers.

Like so many, I bought this system based on my own review of the technical specifications and the opinions/reviews of others. In a word, I think this system is outstanding.



However, I would like to address some of the objections of negative reviewers which I did not find manifest. It is, of course, possible that many of the negatives described could be attributable to a defective product.



Sound quality. First off, I experience no hum, buzzes, or noise of any kind; perhaps I fail to overdrive the system! Secondly, the negatives are contradictory, i.e., one's too much is another's not enough; some are tinny, some basses boom; many have no control over either; the separation between treble and bass is such that there is no midrange; and especially noteworthy is the post by he who noted that the system was not as good as the Bose he listens to all day at work! Really - what a surprise! I find the sound quality excellent, more so than I expected from an inexpensive system. Be it my home stereo system that cost several thousand dollars or the Logitech S220, one thing I do is to use a audio equalizer to adjust the quality of sound to suit the conditions of my room and ear. It is, I think, axiomatic that ALL stereo systems must be equilibrated which, among other things, will reduce a "whole in the middle" and seeming too abrupt shifts between frequency ranges. Finally, I suggest it is common sense that sound quality will be greatly influenced by the audio components of the system. In the end, the conjunction of subjective bias and objective reality will dictate one's assessment.



Defects: I find none; poor quality: I do not think so; remarks about being made in China: inappropriate and gratuitous; apparent expectations that Logitech (or anyone else) should manufacture a product that will never be defective or fail: arrogant and hypocritical; comparison to Bose: speaks for itself!



In my opinion this system provides excellent sound at a most reasonable price. Depending on one's demands, it may or may not benefit by the use of audio components that have an audio equalizer, not because of any inherent defect in the system, but rather to allow one to adjust the quality of the sound to suit his or her bias.



I whole heartedly recommend the Logitech S-220

These put out pretty good sound, but if they are turned up too loud, then they will distort and throw some static into the mix. Also, the bass adjustment is on the back of the subwoofer, that I keep on the floor a bit out of the way. The volume control is neat with the dial on top, but it is not as heavy as the wires connected to it, so the wires decide where the control will stay put if they are hanging off the back of the desk. I think I'm going to use these speakers on my auxiliary computer and go back to using my older, bigger ones on my new computer.

I looked at Logitech S220,LS21,Z4; Creative T3100;Altec Lansing FX4021. Finally decided on Logitech s220 and so far I am not disappointed.

I was on a limited budget for PC speakers, don't like my music and movies too loud, and I don't have very high audio quality needs.

S220 speakers have good sound quality, compact size, 3 years manufacturer warranty and are just $25.

The subwoofer seems well built for the price, it is slim and easy to hide under the desk. The bass control is on the back side, which is practical enough, considering once you set the bass to your taste, you rarely would adjust it. The AC power adapter is inside the subwoofer, which is nice. Bass is good, as long as you don't set your volume above 50%.

Satellites also look solid for their size and are attached to the subwoofer via standard 3.5mm stereo plug. They have very small footprint - good for those of us who don't have lots of free desk space. They sound OK, a little on the weak side. Middle tones are fine, treble - decent.

The only thing in the whole system that appears flimsy is the wired remote - it is very small and light and does not stay easy in the correct position. I hope it does not break.

Overall very good! - Pc Speakers - Desktop Speakers - Logitech - Speakers'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • logitech
  • ,
  • desktop speakers
  • ,
  • speakers
  • ,
  • pc speakers