Saturday 27 June 2009

Jewelry Making - jewelry making tools, butane


I have been using this torch in my business for fine silver soldering for many years. Tried several others, but this is the best--and now they have improved the adjustment system for better flame control. I just bought 2 new ones to add to the 3 older ones that are still working after YEARS of use. Blazer GB2001 Self-Igniting Butane Micro-Torch

I have been taking a PMC jewelry class for the past two years, but was always afraid to use a torch to fire my jewelry pieces, that is until my instructor did a demo with her Blazer Micro Torch. I tried it and liked the self-igniting feature and the fact that you did not have to keep pressure on the trigger to keep it running. She suggested that I check on Amazon.com as she had gotten her torch from Amazon. I did and found it to be less expensive and got free shipping also. What a great deal. I have been using it for about one month, and I love it. I have just finished a necklace of fused pure silver links and my Blazer did all the work. I would highly recommend it to my friends.

Recently this product migrated from the workshop into the kitchen where I discovered that it works beautifully for torching your creme brulee to create that crunchy sugar topping. I originally purchased it for use with silver wire in jewelry making (performs wonderfully there too). The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is because the ignition switch doesn't work first time every time.

To be honest I use this most often to light candles. Oh, I have used it to solder and any number of typical applications. And this instrument RULES! It's flat out cool. It is a "James Bond" sort of thing. Which brings me back to "Father's Day" or Dad's or your husband's birthday - Get this! Buy it NOW! This Blazer Torch is great looking and a killer tool.



At any rate, I've owned 2 of these. The first one was with me for 15 years. The second is in my hand. Own one. The Blazer Torch is a good thing.

I purchased this product for my son for a cigar lighter but I have had one that is for all practical purposes just like the new one that I bought I for my son. I have had it since 1986 and I have never had any problems with it at all. I have used it for silver soldering and making jewelry and for many other uses. The only difference between the new one and the old one is that the removable base on the new product is larger and provides more protection against tipping. It is a little pricey but it is a high quality product and well worth the money. I do recommend using high quality when it is filled. - Jewelry Making Tools - Torch - Butane - Blazer'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information