Monday 29 June 2009

Carhartt - carhartt


This is a really nice high quality belt. I am more impressed with this line then I have been with some of the other name brands. You just really can't go wrong with Carhartt. Great for working as it seems to be more of a heavy duty type style. Carhartt Men's Journeyman Belt,Black,36

Size appears to be accurate. Quite durable, single chunk of leather style of construction.

Only warning is that this belt is on the wide side. It is listed as 1.5" (I think) and that is accurate, but it is on the beefy side of that. Other belts tend to be on the smaller side. Notably, I wear Dickies traditional work pants, and this just barely fits through the loops. OTOH it is perfect with jeans, and just right with Sears work pants.

Sizing is wrong. I got a belt labeled 46 (as ordered); but it's actually 47 1/2 -- measured from the middle (of five) holes to the point on the buckle where the prong lays on the frame. The five holes are an inch apart between 45 1/2 and 49 1/2 inches of length. Belt seems sturdy and flexible. Haven't worn it yet. May return it because of the sizing defect. Made in China BTW.

My husband is tough on his clothes. He wears out jeans, socks and belts very quickly. He always wears out the notches in his belts to where the belt pretty much breaks in half. However, this Carhartt belt has lasted a long time and is still in great shape. Over the past two years, I have just about replaced his entire closet with Carhartt-brand clothes. Definitely worth the money!

When I ordered this belt, all I wanted was a durable, no frills belt. That is what I got. Good quality and very plain. My only complaint is that, when ordering, I was instructed to order one size larger than my waist size. I wear a 36-38 waist, depending on brand, so I ordered a 40 belt. I had to add 2 holes to the belt for it to fit comfortably. I think, had I ordered the 38 I would have just made it. Otherwise, I would buy this belt again (in the proper size).

We bought this basic belt a size larger so that it could be used for a costume for the groom. It's a very sturdy belt... It's true to size as we needed it to hang down (that's why the extra size) and support a real sword, scabbord and frog(that's the part that holds the sword to the belt). It worked great! Very sturdy!

I like these belts. This is the 2nd one that I purchased because I have been losing weight and wanted a smaller one. The leather seems a little thin to me, but it holds up well and looks good. The ones that I've ordered seem to be sized for your waist. Example: size 42 jeans need a size 42 belt. I recommend them.

This belt is great. Finally a great belt that is made well and rugged. My husband is a sheperd and needs a belt that can stand up to abuse. This belt appears to be one solid piece of leather and not just a thin piece glued on to cloth.

Bought the belt and it looked great but after wearing it for a month the leather started splitting apart. Now it looks like my dog has been chewing on it - and he is innocent. Next time I get a Filson as I expect my belts to outlast me.

The belt looked good out of the box. It was a little too wide to fit easily through the loops of my dickie work pants. Took me 2-3 minutes to put the belt on because of this. But the real kicker was that I ran into the same problem as another reviewer on here. The 2nd time I went to cinch and buckle the belt (1st day wearing it), the belt buckle popped off in my hand. I wouldn't recommend this purchase. - Carhartt'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • carhartt