Monday 31 May 2010

17 Inch Laptop Case - great value, 17 inch laptop case


Small and efficient. I bought this to carry and protect my 17" laptop. It is comfortable and light. I have mainly used this bag to provide protection for my laptop in my backpack. It works well for that use.



My only complaint is that there is no convenient place for your laptop charger. But my charger fits (awkwardly) in the accessory pouch on the outside. That is a small price to pay for the compact efficiency of this very nice bag. Kensington K62567US SP17 17-Inch Classic Sleeve Notebook Case (Black)

I was pleasantly surprised when I received this sleeve. I thought that it was going to be flimsy and inexpensively ugly, but, since I am so price concious I went ahead and bought it. Has lots of room with pockets and the bonus was the handles that you can carry the laptop. I am very pleased and glad that I took the risk. My boyfriend had bought me a different one and it arrived at the same time for 3x the amount and it wasn't as versatile. Absolutely what I wanted!!!

This is a top of the line sleeve for all your laptop needs. Two ways to carry and enough storage for all the cords and items needed to make your laptop experience great. We took ours on vacation and it protected everything and yet it was all there ready to plug up when we arrived.

Case works well - probably the closest to a custom fit as you can get - the G71 catches slightly going in if you go back first but if you go front first it slips right in. Ample storage for the usual accessories, mouse, ethernet cabling, power supply in the velcro closure flap - probably add 2 or 3 movies/disks and still fit nicely. Flap has a two-point velcro closure and it stayed secure on a 4-hop airplane trip - got back with everything I left with. Has a rear pocket with a single velcro closure which worked well for carrying flight documents and itinerary. There is padding but it's minimal but appears sufficient. It definitely won't take anything bigger than a 17.3" widescreen laptop. But for anything that size or smaller it's an excellent and inexpensive alternative.

My Sony is a rather large laptop and I looked and looked for a case that was padded, but not too large. And, one that fit such a large laptop. Found it!



The thin back pocket can house a couple of CDs, papers, a couple of flashdrives, etc.

Inside padding isn't extremely thick, but, offers a good bit of protection.

Zipper is sewn on via a separate piece and keeps the computer from rubbing up against it.

Very nice detail. Someone was thinking!

Handles seem well made and there's a carrying strap inside if you need it! Very nice buy!



Comment on another reviewer's comment: The front pocket fits my power cord just fine. I even put my rather large trackball in there! Sure, it's bulky, but, it's not the case's fault. Blame SONY for providing such a large, bulky power cord. (...just kidding)



FYI: My SONY laptop dim.: 15 1/8" by 10 1/8" by 1 1/8" (Monitor is a 16 1/4")



NOTE: Be careful about measurements when buying cases. Most listings are for monitor (diagonal) sizes. But, some cases list the case's OUTER measurements. Just be careful. Adapt the old seamstress motto: Measure twice--Cut once.

Except yours would be: Measure twice--check all wording in product listings regarding measurements, then--BUY once! :-)

This bag fits my 17" MBPro perfectly. It even has enough room to put a neoprene sleeve on my computer for when I have to take it out for security at the airport (though sliding it back in takes two hands with the neoprene on).



I was disappointed yesterday when the shoulder strap metal piece came off. The stitching that holds the metal ring onto the bag simply frayed. There is nothing left of the material that can be used for restitching to reattach the strap. The bag can still be carried my the handles, but of course, the strap makes it much easier.



I've only had this bag 3 months, the size is perfect, just be aware it may wear out quicker than you like. I'm probably going to order another one, even though it has a short life span, because the bag is small enough to be a simple briefcase, and large enough to carry the computer, power cord, a few files, and my Magic Mouse.

This bag fits my 17-inch MacBook Pro nicely and still has room for a mouse, power cord, flash drive, etc. The outside pockets are useful and easily accessible. It's a very nice bag for the money...about a third of what a comparable bag sells for in the Apple store.

The zipper on the main compartment broke after only using it a few times. The stitching and fabric are fine, but a case that does not close is not much good. I would return it, but do not have the time.

When I was in the market for a new lap top, I wanted the BIG 17inch model. I really never planned on walking around or taking the computer with me.Well I just recently went on a trip and brought the computer with me. IT IS HEAVY!! The carrying case is great. Simple, not lots of pockets or compartments. But here is the problem. When going to and from the airports I thought I could slip the bag on the pull up handle of my on board luggage. Not so..... the handle just misses by a fraction of an inch to be able to slide it over and have it rest on my little suit case. I thought I would be able to just roll it around along with my bag, but it didn't turn out that way. The bag is good and it held up very well, it just did not do what I had hoped it would. - Laptop Case - 17 Inch Bag - Great Value - 17 Inch Laptop Case'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information