Sunday 30 May 2010

Articulating Wall Mount - cable management, home theater


I bought a pair of these 2 gang plates to hide the cables that would otherwise be visible dropping from my wall mounted TV to the cabinet beneath it. Mount the top plate behind your TV with the opening facing down, and the bottom plate behind your cabinet with the opening facing up.



I was initially wondering if a 1, 2, or 3 gang was the correct size. I'm glad I chose the 2 gang as it comfortably fits 2 HDMI cables, 1 optical cable, 1 analog audio cable, 1 component video cable, and VGA/audio cable. I can drop cables from the top plate and not fuss too much pulling them out the bottom plate.



Don't mistakenly think you could probably squeeze the cables in a 1 gang version. While the combined width of the cables might fit, getting all the connectors through would be near impossible I would think. I measure the widest point of the opening at 2-7/8" for this 2 gang.



7/28/10 Update - Product still performs well. DataComm 45-0002-WH 2-Gang Recessed Low Voltage Cable Plate (White)

Nice product, durable good construction. Used it to run my tv wires behind the wall. Does what you want it to do. Would like this packaged with the backing brackets instead of having to oder them seperatly but I guess if you already have a gang box in the wall you wouldn't need them.

These wall plates are perfect for wires exiting the wall in a bundle. I ran 3 HDMI and two composite wires and the double gang plate worked ideally. I can push the wires back into the wall to where they barely show and it makes the entire installation look very neat overall.

Good build quality, easy to install with a Dual Gang Low Voltage Mounting Bracket. I'm definitely glad I went with the 2-gang plate as I have about 7 cables going through the wall. Would purchase again.

I bought '2' of these and will by 4 more.. They are great for low voltage. I just wish they came with the metal bracket.. ended up going to HD and got some for a 2 dollars, but would ahve been nicer to get in one package..

The construction on this product feels solid and the finish is good. A pair of these is an ideal solution to hide wires for a flat screen TV wall mount.



One tip: use a dual gang wall mount bracket to mark cutout area on drywall, mount the bracket onto drywall and then this wall plate onto the bracket.



Second tip: You can not run a high voltage power cable directly behind the drywall via a plate such as this. This would be a building code violation in most places. You can only use this to run low voltage wires such as your hdmi and audio cables. To hide the TV's power wire, provide an electrical outlet directly behind the TV or use a product such as the following: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002KF438I/ref=oss_product

Used in our media closet where there about 30 wires coming up through one hole. Not as pretty as some other solutions but about 1/50th the cost of setting up speaker contacts, usb, hdmi, ethernet, power, etc., etc. wall plates.



Good quality construction. I wouldn't personally be happy if it was in a wall that was readily visible (I might go with a brush plate or appropriate wall plate) but still a better option than a hole in the wall.

Available in 1 gang or 2 gang size, this pass-through wall plate is essential if you plan to wall mount a TV and don't want to see wires. Perfect when doing new construction projects (as I am now), this allows you to create a huge conduit between the TV and a lower area on the wall (presumably hidden by furniture holding the components).



Unlike some similar products, this has a flush face from the wall (I've seen others that protrude). This allows for a very clean finish and will not interefere with the wall mounted TV or other furniture.



My project is still in progress, but once complete I will post some photos of this in practical application.



Wonderful product!! - Wall Plate - Articulating Wall Mount - Cable Management - Home Theater'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information